Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nero Wont Burn!

davidoff0005's Avatar Member
    I got Nero 5.5.9.17 bundled. The problem is -> when i start burning (so far i have only tested audio cd-s) then the system just collapses on 2%. So I tried the same thing with RW-s and it wrote normally. But the same sh*t happens when I try to cd-copy from RW to R (700MB). Ive had Nero for 2 years and THIS has never happened! What could be wrong? Help please! Ive messed up 5 cd-s already. If I cant burn-I cant dl anything but some music!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TRshady
    I think its the software thats causing the problem (as you said), not hardware:

try to re-install nero, uninstalling first.

Otherwise download nero of kazaa, its 11mb and works fine.

I know you said its worked for the last two years, but sometimes problems arise so try my advice.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Were you running any other burning software before?

Uninstall completely Nero including doing registry cleaning, search for "ahead" & "nero". Get the latest version of Nero 5.5.10 and get a serial key ( we all know how to get it right?).
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I have had problems with nero lately too and i did what Cornerpocket suggested and mines working fine now.

If you need a serial key go here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    did all that now I have 5.5.10.20 but the same prob! Could this be about write method? I usually don`t notice small things like that when I change them I do it automaticaly! Right now it was on disc-at-once, but I think it should be track-at-once (audio-cd)! But I`m not gonna mess up any other cd`s before I get a confirm on that from someone here! so help plz!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    If you have easy cd and nero you have one big problem. This happened to me. Nero stopped working and easy cd became dodgy (but it always was). Then I uninstalled both and tried nero, still didnt work. What i ended up havin to do is do a clean install of win xp again. (i had upgraded from ME <--The worst OS ever&#33.
    This fixed the problem and i am staying away from easy cd.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    wl002c2679's Avatar Member
    Well I have xp and nero and no problems so maybe it could be some kind of corrupt driver problem when you installed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i have win 2000 and don`t have any other burnin`programs&#33; I tried burning the audio-cd with track-@-once and the nero did it&#33; The only problem is that the mofo (track@once) leaves a little click in the start of all songs&#33; The problem would be gone if the mofo(nero) would let me burn audio-cd with disck@once&#33; I really dont have any ideas anymore about the cause of that prob&#33; So this to all U geniuses out there...HELP&#33;

btw..it could be a really simpel mistake in nero options, but i havent found it&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by davidoff0005@10 April 2003 - 10:23
    I got Nero 5.5.9.17 bundled. The problem is -> when i start burning (so far i have only tested audio cd-s) then the system just collapses on 2%. So I tried the same thing with RW-s and it wrote normally. But the same sh*t happens when I try to cd-copy from RW to R (700MB). Ive had Nero for 2 years and THIS has never happened&#33; &nbsp; What could be wrong? &nbsp; Help please&#33; Ive messed up 5 cd-s already. If I cant burn-I cant dl anything but some music&#33;
    So you&#39;re syaing it just locks up at 2% without giving you any error message? Have you tried lowering the burn speed? Are you sure nothing else is running while you burn, like a Virus Scanner or Screensaver?

It could also be a hardware problem. Have you done anything inside your PC lately? Maybe you bumped the power or IDE cables loose. Or maybe the burn head is shot. How old is it? Does Device Manager list it as working properly?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yeah..no message&#33; Ive tried burning @ 8x (1200 KB/s) but nothin`&#33; no scanner or saver&#33; Ive had LITE-ON LTR-16102B for about 2 years now&#33; I dont think its the hardware becose it burned disc@once on RW (or is there another kind of process with the laser n`shit?) what is "Device Manager"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast