Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'k, so do we go about fixing africa?

Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

edit: i'm 100% serious about occupation (for want of a better word). the rodding thing was because i expected a texan to call me hypocrit about iraq, so i could counter iron them about the fact that these people really do need their 'government' overthrowing immediately.
    [/COLOR]
    So what about people from Vermont, Minnesota, or Arizona? Must we do everything for them?

Lord knows we already have an invasion on Texas to worry about.
    Last edited by Tikibonbon; 07-03-2005 at 02:48 AM.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    The thought of this concert to help these people was nice, but its not going to do much unfortunatly

We need many more to fund the relief of this country, this is a good start but we need MUCH more.

Lets make a FST concert
    Last edited by Smith; 07-03-2005 at 03:47 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    The thought of this concert to help these people was nice, but its not going to do much unfortunatly

We need many more to fund the relief of this country, this is a good start but we need MUCH more.

Lets make a FST concert

But how can you measure success? If maybe it helps just a tiny bit, would it have been worth it?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibonbon

edit: i'm 100% serious about occupation (for want of a better word). the rodding thing was because i expected a texan to call me hypocrit about iraq, so i could counter iron them about the fact that these people really do need their 'government' overthrowing immediately.
    [/COLOR]
    So what about people from Vermont, Minnesota, or Arizona? Must we do everything for them?

you mean misinformation fueling the texas aids epidemic or 5000 kids that die needlessly everyday?

5. Lounge   -   #25

you mean misinformation fueling the texas aids epidemic or 5000 kids that die needlessly everyday?
    See now you are just trying to attack someone else, well it will not work. I was trying to keep a humourous tone, but if you wish to play at the childish, so be it.

Last I checked, the Texas aids rate has not reached epidemic rates. You want to discuss aids, let talk about certain beliefs in Africa, that if you contract aids, you can have sex with a virgin and be cured, which has led to babies being raped.

Every year 10.5 million children under the age of 5 die. Ok, you just brought up 5,000 (which you mention but never give documentation), what about the other 10,495,000 children?

I am sorry, but if almost 2 million children die each year according to you (5000 a day, 365 days), and only about 350,000 births in Texas yearly.....how is it that there is anyone left in Texas at all?

Why don't you quit trying to belittle other lands than your own, it does not make you appear "cool and in the know". In fact it is downright offensive.
    Last edited by Tikibonbon; 07-03-2005 at 05:20 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I think he is talking about the 5000 children that die needlessly every day in the world..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #27
    The worlds gonna end in like 7 years so who cares
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 07-03-2005 at 11:58 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    The worlds gonna end in like 7 years so who cares
    December 22, 2012 to be precise

9. Lounge   -   #29
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    See now you are just trying to attack someone else, well it will not work. I was trying to keep a humourous tone, but if you wish to play at the childish, so be it.

Last I checked, the Texas aids rate has not reached epidemic rates. You want to discuss aids, let talk about certain beliefs in Africa, that if you contract aids, you can have sex with a virgin and be cured, which has led to babies being raped.

Every year 10.5 million children under the age of 5 die. Ok, you just brought up 5,000 (which you mention but never give documentation), what about the other 10,495,000 children?

I am sorry, but if almost 2 million children die each year according to you (5000 a day, 365 days), and only about 350,000 births in Texas yearly.....how is it that there is anyone left in Texas at all?

Why don't you quit trying to belittle other lands than your own, it does not make you appear "cool and in the know". In fact it is downright offensive.

i wasn't trying to appear "in the know" to sound cool. i was just saying they need their governments fixing ASAP, as i doubt cancelling the debt will make any difference until a responsible government is in place

10. Lounge   -   #30

i wasn't trying to appear "in the know" to sound cool. i was just saying they need their governments fixing ASAP, as i doubt cancelling the debt will make any difference until a responsible government is in place
    I apologize if i misintepreted what you were saying, but I really do not understand when you say "you mean misinformation fueling the texas aids epidemic". I have tried many different ways of looking at this, but still can not see where this applies to Africa.

I really can not see an African mother telling her child "sorry my son, but a new case of aids in Texas is the cause of you not eating again today".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast