Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'k, so do we go about fixing africa?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    nobody with any power gives a fuck about live8 or the march in edinburger, so what do we do now?
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 07-02-2005 at 10:00 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Put the money towards getting Bob Geldof a hair cut

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Mass revolutions. People march peacefully through the capitals of each of the countries, and when the police come around we charge them and overpower them so we can hold our own leaders up.

I'll get the petrol.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Mass revolutions. People march peacefully through the capitals of each of the countries, and when the police come around we charge them and overpower them so we can hold our own leaders up.

I'll get the petrol.
    yeah that'll work

maybe

or maybe not

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If it works, Africa gets more help from us.

If it doesn't, they eliminate a fair chunk of the population. Which means severely cut income from taxes, and they start on a path which puts them in the same position of developing countries.

One way or another, everyone ends up in the same boat

6. Lounge   -   #6
    shouldn't we be trying to get more UN forces to be more active in africa as a priority over cancelling the debt? which i imagine would just mean warlords and the like have more funds for civil war and stuff, and still no aid will reach where it's supposed to

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Retired
    90% of the money they get from 'us' goes to the corrupt people that control the 'poor' country or doesnt even go there. So donating is useless, unless you donate to charities that go to that country them self to help the poor and sick.

I think they should first do something about the corruption and the raping/killing by rebels. because imo thats the biggest problem in Africa. If that doesnt get solved I dont see any future for Africa

All this demonstration stuff doesn't change anything. people are doing that for more then 20 years.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-02-2005 at 11:06 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    There was some TV stuff (back in the days when I had one) about that amount of cash that really
    went to Africa after donations.
    And straight to the Warlords or something.

The numbers was quite shocking in Norway then.
    About 75% didnt even left the country. lolllerskates,
    I guess there was some expenses.

Sure, I'll toss my cash on that well...
    Spoiler: Show

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    90% of the money what they get from 'us' goes to the corrupt people that control the 'poor' country or doesnt even go there. So donating is useless, unless you donate to charities that go to that country them self to help the poor and sick.

I think they should first do something about the corruption and the raping/killing by rebels. because imo thats the biggest problem in Africa. If that doesnt get solved I dont see any future for Africa

All this demonstration stuff doesn't change anything. people are doing that for more then 20 years.
    that's kinda my point. maybe we should start a campain to occupy parts of africa to sort them out

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    90% of the money what they get from 'us' goes to the corrupt people that control the 'poor' country or doesnt even go there. So donating is useless, unless you donate to charities that go to that country them self to help the poor and sick.

that's kinda my point. maybe we should start a campain to occupy parts of africa to sort them out
    Maybe Bush could start another war on terror.

Like a sequel really. "War on Terror II: Pwning Africa".

Bin Laden could be hiding there, who knows really?

And also, they may have weapons of ass destruction.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast