Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's several guides that i would like to share with you.

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    If he didn't create the guides he should not give the 'impression' that he had.

Perhaps a better title...would have been 'here are some great guides that I found and thought people would find helpful' type thing.

Either way it is the 'impression' of authorship that is the problem not the guides themselves.....

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    What an evil mod I am.

Sorry about the mud slinging.

I did re-edit the title.

Looks fair now?
    Spoiler: Show

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    The BIG deal is when you try to pass it along like its something you did.
    When its not.
    I have allready edited out the title and I took out some parts where he
    blatantly said "I created..."

Im not against having guides, or even copying them over from other places
    but the credit has to go to the folks who really is behind the project.

You think I went a tad over the line?
    You can report this and complain to other Mods/Admins.
    He wasn't passing it along as his own. He stated in the beginning of his first post that the thanks should go to the two guys he mentioned, but I see you edited that out too.

As for reporting you to another mod or admin.
    1. I can't be arsed.
    2. Why? So I can be quoted rule 13?
    Actually, the team are pretty helpful if you post this kind of stuff in the report section. I've only ever done it twice but on each occasion I was impressed.

I duno about the validity of your complaint as I didn't see the un-edited post - tho' if he was passing it off as his own, Afro is right. I hate that kind of stuff.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    Lot of good info here, I'll have to BM this or maybe even print it out. Good bedtime reading material, haha! Puts me to sleep, but then I dream about slipstreaming an Office XP install HAHAHA (I'm gonna check out the thing. Is there a way to slipstream a Windows XP Install? You know, put the product ID key into it, pre-select what kind of networking protocols are to be installed, basically an un-attended install).

I have a proghram called Bart's Boot Image Extractor that is alleged to be able to scrape the Boot sector right off of an XP CD but it does not seem to wanna work. Well, on Windows XP x64 Ed at least. Anyone know what software that can extract the boot sector from Windows x64? I'll go ask this also in the forum related to that scthuff.

Astalavista: You are a very good instruction-writer, I know, I have to do the same stuff for the clients I sell stuff to, selling them the tech they want is like selling monkeys rocket ships. But they insist on buying the stuff from me, so what can I do? I don't-a do-a no tech support. Well I do, but not after 30 days.

I wanna know more about this 7zip thing so I'll be printin this stuff up- Thanx.
    "We are the victims of society,
    All we want is a break from YOU"

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    Ah what's this? He didn't actually write em? Ah who cares, someone did, and if the info is valid, then I'll add the methods to my already huge "toolkit" ehehe!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    Sorry, triple post!
    Last edited by weAponX; 06-25-2006 at 05:53 PM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    My severe apologies!
    Last edited by weAponX; 06-25-2006 at 05:53 PM.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    Hello I am new on this forum but i canīt download the Office_tool.rar archive for completing the exe of my office !
    Last edited by Xtrange; 10-24-2006 at 09:32 PM.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    Hello I am new on this forum but i canīt download the Office_tool.rar archive for completing the exe of my office !06-25-2006 05:32 PM

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    sweet guides

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123