Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed !!!

Whenever I use P2P programs such as Mininova, Limewire, Bearshare etc I get a "blue screen of death" after anything from 2 mins to about 30 mins, it doesn't happen after any other program that I use only file sharing

Has anyone experienced the same sorta thing if so what did you do to sort it ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Nope its all fine as far as I know

I run Ad Aware and Spybot

It seems to be some sorta driver issue as it says something like Driver_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_GREATER_THAN or something but what sorta driver god only knows

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    IRQ is network related, did you remove some spyware with ad-aware/spybot without removing them via ADD/REMOVE first?
    either that or maybe firewall issues

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Network related Does that mean its a hardware prob as opposed to a software one ? would a reformat do the job for instance ? or is it more complicated than that

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    well drivers are more of a software thing, maybe your firewall is erroring out due to network traffic, or some spyware overwrote windows files in your TCP/IP stack
    i'm just guessing here, i could be totally off base, and you're not helping much by not saying if you ripped out some spyware with ad-aware/spybot or saying anything about what firewalls you have installed

google has some info's:
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/15170/
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ss+or+equal%22
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-04-2005 at 12:44 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I am not aware of doing what you mentioned, my son also uses my pc but again I don't think he would touch anything like that so as far as I know nothing like that has taken place

There are 2 firewalls there is the standard XP one which I have I believe successfully disabled and there is my primary one which is the firewall in Norton Utilities 2004

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    see my edited post above for helpful links

EDIT after reading some of the links it looks like IRQ and IRQL aren't related, so it looks like i was WAY off base.
    maybe someone else here has a clue.
    good luck
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-04-2005 at 12:54 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    cheers for your help

I have about 90gb of albums, movies etc and want to expand/share that but until I sort out these screens of death I can't

I never had the prob with my old pc

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Did a little search about IRQL on google,
    seems like a major problem thought...

..gotta read some more, maybe there's a solution for this.

Spoiler: Show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast