Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the most reliable DVD media?

datawrite dvd-r are good and so are ritek
    goes good with a pioneer 109 dvd burning drive

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    ill tell you one brand to NEVER EVER GET!! PRINCO

another interesting thing is the stuff I burned on teh LITE ON wouldnt play on DVD players and wouldnt play on my LITE ON DVD but it will play on Pioneer so I was able to revover some of that what I thought was fucked coasters
    I've got both princo and Lite on at home.

Actually, in my experience it works just fine, except that you can't burn several of them one after another, you have to let it rest between burns or it'll say it burned them fine, but the discs won't work.

Slowing down the burning speed is also indeed a good idea, if you get those burns that are fucked up at the end of the movie.

Which would mean that you have to burn the princo discs I have at no more than 2x at the most. But sometimes burning discs at really low speeds have worked badly for me with other drives in the past, so I wouldn't immediately set the speed to 1x.

DVD decrypter might have issues with the Lite on drive, tho', or maybe it's the princos it doesn't like
    Last edited by Snee; 07-12-2005 at 11:16 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by motov600
    datawrite dvd-r are good and so are ritek
    goes good with a pioneer 109 dvd burning drive

I use Riteks also..for about 2 years...never had a problem with them & my TDK Burner

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    I think Verbatim is the best single layer.

I have not found a good dual layer DVD+R yet. They are all unstable and works only from time to time.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    so who would have the best deals on DL DVD'S and which 1 would you buy to burn xbox 360 games and 720 rips movies any suggestins

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    haven't had much problems with my LITEON dvd burner, a couple of times which said "cd out of space" but it really wasn't. that also could have been my not so great 20gb hard drive that i sue for OS.

you must carefully read what the hardware can or can't do before you decide to buy it, doing research might help too. if i had the money i would have bought a better one, but i trust Lite ON.
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Another good idea is looking at the age of a thread and deciding whether it's really sensible to add your question to a three year old topic.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    oh well, i guess so.
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    I will go for japan made taiyo yuden discs from rima.com

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    I vote for Verbatim too. They are the best.
    Last edited by FX2908; 11-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast