Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: london bomb blast

muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    reported killed 1000

2. Lounge   -   #2
    LONDON (SHARECAST) - A series of bomb blasts in London dominated trading this morning with FTSE 100 slumping by over 3% on fears it is a co-ordinated terrorist attack.

Markets in France, Germany, Holland and Spain also fell more by than 3%. On the currency markets the pound fell while the price of gold rose as investors switched into deemed safe havens.

The news completely overshadowed the Bank of England's decision keep interest rates on hold at 4.75%.

Oil prices also fell on news of the blasts, having spiked up close to $62 overnight on worries that tropical storms Cindy and Dennis could wreak havoc on production in the Gulf of Mexico.

In company news, drinks goliath Diageo said full year underlying profits should grow in line with forecasts at around 6%, but warned of a weaker trading environment in Europe.

Budget airline EasyJet, Ryanair and British Airways fell heavily as news of the bomb blast filtered through. Cruise operator Carnival was another badly hit.

Discount retailer Matalan reported trading remains tough, with sales in the first four months of the year impacted by subdued consumer spending and strong comparatives last year.

Electronics and security systems firm Laird has continued to make good progress in 2005, it said, with trading at Laird Technologies and Laird Security Systems in line with expectations flagged at May’s AGM.

Regent Inns' results for the year to 2 July are ahead of original expectations said the pubs group. Like-for-like sales for the period increased by 1.8% on last year, with London venues seeing the biggest increase.

Frank Timis, the ousted chief of Regal Petroleum, Wednesday night broke his silence to defend his secret deal to sell the company's best assets and said he was confident that the deal would go ahead, says the Financial Times

3. Lounge   -   #3

4. Lounge   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    that seems like a rather large figure. that would probably mean everyone in each carriage that the explosive was detonated in and the top floor of the bus was killed which seems a bit much.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    its early, look like its 45 dead and a 1000 injured

Al-Qaeda Group claims responsibility for London bombings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188265,00.html

A terror group linked to al Qaeda has claimed it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

Two London hospital have reported a total of 185 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least one of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is returning to London from the G8 Summit in Scotland.

He said: "It's particularly barbaric that these attacks are designed to coincide with the G8 summit.

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Witness, Angie, saw the bus explode in Russell Square. She said: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.

"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Edgware Road, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate, Moorgate and Leicester Square.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umbrellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    I would have been on that Kingscross tube train at that very time on my way to college
    but I recenty got a Wed to Friday job in a hospital
    crazy shit
    hope my college friends are alive (they are always in late anyway so im sure they are ok)
    Last edited by Money Fist; 07-07-2005 at 01:42 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Fist
    I would have been on that Kingscross tube train at that very time on my way to college
    but I recenty got a Wed to Friday job in a hospital
    crazy shit
    hope my college friends are alive (they are always in late anyway so im sure they are ok)
    yikes, you are lucky

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I just heard about this.

I hope Dan is ok.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I just heard about this.

I hope Dan is ok.

Yeah, he's cool according to manker.
    That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing *now*?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Dan's fine, manker posted about it in the drawing room.

I nearly shat myself when I first heard about it on the bus this morning, my sister and her boyfriend live about 300 m from Liverpool street, and my mam and aunt arrived in London yesterday. Just got an e-mail saying they're all fine.

I sincerely hope that all the members living in London are fine and their families too.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast