Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: London tubes

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    The U.S. foregoes support of Israel, which allows for the destruction of Israel and those pesky Israelis;
    You see, right there is where your scenario falls apart, right at the beginning.

How about "The U.S. foregoes it's incessant vetoes of U.N. resolutions, thereby giving the U.N. the ability to act. Israel is forced to deal with its Palestinian neighbours in a humanitarian manner, thereby defusing much of the hatred in the M.E."

The U.S. government is always complaining that the U.N. is toothless, yet when it tries to act the very same government vetoes its actions.

I can see no valid reason why any single permanent member of the security council should be able to veto the decisions of the others. Even if all the permanent members voted together, they barely represent a third of the world's population. The reason the permanent members won't permit it is because the security council may just start making resolutions against its permanent members, i.e. the very same reasons why the U.S. won't acknowledge the I.C.C.

As long as self-interest is allowed to take priority over the needs of humanity these problems will continue to exist.
    that and there would be no al-qaida terrorism in europe if america got out of the middle easts business. the terrorist attacks in europe have been to try and convince us to stop supporting america.
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 07-09-2005 at 07:06 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    "The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything or nothing." Lady Nancy Astor

Peace bd

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    "The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal."

Mark Twain

Peace rf

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it, Santayana.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing, Edmund Burke.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Now J2,

You know that when the US breaks someone elses toys, they also make that someone else pay for replacing said toys, with US parts and labour.. with a few Billions in the pockets of the ones that the US puts in charge of overseeing said replacement...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Now J2,

You know that when the US breaks someone elses toys, they also make that someone else pay for replacing said toys, with US parts and labour.. with a few Billions in the pockets of the ones that the US puts in charge of overseeing said replacement...
    Fortunately the US supplies the money as well, so everyone is happy.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    nice quotes JP.

i'm sure they're saying the same things.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    Walking (staggering really) home Friday night we noticed a cop car parked up and two policemen were watching the train station I live next to. I live in the south west so quite a ways from Thursdays tragic events, I wonder if the police are doing this all over the country right now?
    That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing *now*?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Shemp
    Walking (staggering really) home Friday night we noticed a cop car parked up and two policemen were watching the train station I live next to. I live in the south west so quite a ways from Thursdays tragic events, I wonder if the police are doing this all over the country right now?
    same at ponty bus station. in west yorkshire

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast