Thread: With regards to this...

thread: http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t98313.html

What are the current rules for PM's? My old account used to get a fair few PM's from people requesting invites off me personally because I used to give out a load. I'm sure this practice goes on with people who give out invites now...

Sorry to start a new thread but the other was locked needlessly before I could post this relevant point on the matter. Perhaps trhis can be merged with that thread.
    Last edited by Fake Shemp; 07-07-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing *now*?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Retired
    there are no PM rules

You can send/recieve PM 1 sec. after signing up.

Just ignore PM from people with less then 10 posts asking for invites.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-07-2005 at 08:36 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Anyone can send a PM. Even before they are able to post in the BT Invites section so that's why hey end up asking for invites.

We've tried blocking members with under 10 posts from PMing but realized that's probably not a good idea as new members may have problems with the board and need to talk to someone by PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Anyone can send a PM. Even before they are able to post in the BT Invites section so that's why hey end up asking for invites.

We've tried blocking members with under 10 posts from PMing but realized that's probably not a good idea as new members may have problems with the board and need to talk to someone by PM.

Cool just curious. One way would be to turn off PM's for "n00bs" to members but they can still PM team members before 10 posts. But I suppose that's not really worth it for what would/could be gained.

I do just ignore them now, if only because I have no invites.
    That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing *now*?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco

Cool just curious. One way would be to turn off PM's for "n00bs" to members but they can still PM team members before 10 posts. But I suppose that's not really worth it for what would/could be gained.

I do just ignore them now, if only because I have no invites.
    Ya, i'd suggest any members getting spammed by them just ignore the invite requests.

BTW, it's not just members being spammed by these invite requests, some of the mods get a lot of requests a lot too.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    There is also consideration to apply the No Content hack for the BT Invites section so that new members that dont yet have access to post in the section could only see titles of posts but not the content and therefore not really know who is giving out the requests as long as the titles were kept generic.

The only issue I see with this is new members could not read the pinned topics although there are a couple of go around to solve this if its done. Also if your not familiar with the effects of the No Content hack then logout of the board and go into the Verifieds section and try to view a post...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-09-2005 at 07:07 AM.