Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like to argue something pretty important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    Why do you think demolishing houses of terrorists gives money to building Jewish homes in a place with no room for them anyway??
    l take it this is the Israeli definition of terrorist, ie: a Palestinian intending to live on Palestinian land coveted by Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.palestinemonitor.org/updates/israel_emptying_jerusalem_of_palestinians.htm
    Since 1967, Israel has expropriated approximately 34% of East Jerusalem's land area for “public use”. Another 53% of East Jerusalem’s land has been set aside for colonies or designated as “green areas.” Palestinians in East Jerusalem can therefore live and build on only 13% of their land. Permission to build houses in East Jerusalem can cost $30,000, (the price of a small apartment in West Jerusalem) and the process often takes up to five years. Palestinians often therefore find themselves lacking any other alternative but to build without permits and are then subject to forced evictions and home demolitions. Over 2,000 Palestinian homes in Occupied East Jerusalem have been destroyed by Israeli occupation forces since 1967.
    It's rare to get a balanced view of the situation in the Middle East from an Israeli, you come close at times Tralala, but at other times you exhibit a complete misunderstanding of what really goes on. l take it from your comment about joining the army in two and a half years that you are still young, so there's hope for you yet.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Why do you think demolishing houses of terrorists gives money to building Jewish homes in a place with no room for them anyway??
    That's a rather sweeping statement. I find it very hard to believe that ALL those people were terrorists. By that statement, anyone living in Israel who is not Jewish would be a terrorist. That is totally untrue.

And I can't seem to recall the last suicide bomber who happened to be a Jew
    Not all terrorists are suicide bombers. I think if you looked at it from an Arab point of view, you would see things very differently. How many Arabs living in and around Israel have to deal with the fear of being searched, harrassed, detained for questioning, or worse, shot, simply because of the colour of their skin or the religion they practice? Law abiding people, just trying to go about their lives everyday. All for your safety. But what about theirs? To them, you are the terrorists.

@Jonno: Do you honestly think that having more security to catch maniacs is giving in to them?? Giving in to them would be letting them run free in the streets lurking and trying to blow you up again.
    How many maniacs do you think we have living in the streets???? The last time a terrorist attack happened in London, (I'll use that example, as it is the most recent,) was during the IRA attacks of the 70's. I don't see that they're lurking in the streets waiting to blow us up.

Yes, having more security is giving in to them. When we are too afraid to go about our lives in freedom as we always have, then terrorists have won. When we are suspicious of people just because of how they look, they have succeeded. When we are paranoid of what could happen, instead of reacting to what does happen, we are no longer the free society that as Jonno said, our forefathers fought to give us.

@Busyman: Israel is not a police state. There are too many different peoples to become a police state.
    I don't quite understand what you mean by that statement. You have armed guards patrolling the streets. You have armed guards on public transportation. You have armed guards everywhere, who can search and detain anyone on request. That is a police state.

@colin: My ideal world would be a world where you wouldn't need any security, no poverty, equality in all areas, and no need to double think when you are planning to travel a bus, plus no need to go into the army and fight (which is where I will be in 2 and a half years ).
    Don't you think that is what most Muslims want too? A few extremists do not represent the whole. They are largely like you and I, and want to go about their lives in peace. These terrorist attacks affect them as much as they do you, because though they don't perpetrate or support them, they have to live with the consequences of these actions.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 07-11-2005 at 05:17 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @Jonno: Do you honestly think that having more security to catch maniacs is giving in to them??
    Yes. You're showing you are afraid.Showing weakness.
    I'll bring it down in scale a bit, you get into a fight and you hit the other guy.
    If he then got all his mates to stand in front of him ,you'd think him a coward, next time you see him you wont be afraid of him because he backs down and is weak and needs protecting (often like leader bullies in schools)
    If on the other hand, you hit him and he stands there blank face, you would instantly think to yourself he's a tough guy and you gonna have to hit him harder than that, or maybe don't mess with him cos you gave him your best shot and he just smilied at you.

Now bring the scale back up.

They hit Isreal and it posts a centry on every corner.
    That statement says "We are afraid of you and we need protecting"

Usa, Uk and several others get hit and we clean up, mourn our lost and carry on as normal.
    That statement says "You can hit us as hard as you like but we wont be forced to live in fear from you"

Jonno

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    @Jonno: Do you honestly think that having more security to catch maniacs is giving in to them??
    Yes. You're showing you are afraid.Showing weakness.
    I'll bring it down in scale a bit, you get into a fight and you hit the other guy.
    If he then got all his mates to stand in front of him ,you'd think him a coward, next time you see him you wont be afraid of him because he backs down and is weak and needs protecting (often like leader bullies in schools)
    If on the other hand, you hit him and he stands there blank face, you would instantly think to yourself he's a tough guy and you gonna have to hit him harder than that, or maybe don't mess with him cos you gave him your best shot and he just smilied at you.

Now bring the scale back up.

They hit Isreal and it posts a centry on every corner.
    That statement says "We are afraid of you and we need protecting"

Usa, Uk and several others get hit and we clean up, mourn our lost and carry on as normal.
    That statement says "You can hit us as hard as you like but we wont be forced to live in fear from you"

Jonno
    Utter bullshit.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    *claps* oh that was an awesome comeback, I loved the way you pointed out flaws in my post and backed up your views as to why you dissagree, well done sir

Jonno

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    *claps* oh that was an awesome comeback, I loved the way you pointed out flaws in my post and backed up your views as to why you dissagree, well done sir

Jonno
    Damn you, you beat me to it. I was reading your mind again.

@ Busyman, exactly what part do you find bullshit?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD

Jonno

The ENTIRE post as it relates to the topic.

It's bullshit.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

It's bullshit.
    Thanks, that clarified it for me.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109

It's bullshit.
    Yeah clared it up for me too.

Erm dude, this is like a Discussion, that means people put their pov forward.
    Simply typing "Utter bullshit" is hardly a worthwhile post and has 1000 times less relation to this topic than my post.

So once again, either point out exactly where you think I was wrong or keep childish 2 word posts to yourself.

Jonno

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    How many maniacs do you think we have living in the streets???? The last time a terrorist attack happened in London, (I'll use that example, as it is the most recent,) was during the IRA attacks of the 70's. I don't see that they're lurking in the streets waiting to blow us up.
    I think the many dead in London from Terrorist attacks throughout the eighties and most of the nineties would disagree.

The last intelligence of an IRA threat in London was March this year..

The UK, mostly Ulster and London have lived with terrorism for a long time. As have many European countries.

The difference is the people who are targeting us, and the reason for targeting us is very clear in the case of Islamic Fundamentalists.

BTW: I dont see how his post was bullshit this time (apart from the spelling and grammer)
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-11-2005 at 06:08 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast