Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh noes! They're trying to draft me!!!!!111one

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I got this card thingy in the mail today from the "Selective Service System." The stupid thing says I have to register, it says it like a million times, but doesn't say what for exactly. It says men 18-25 years old have to register because its the law. "Failure to register is a felony and may result in up to $250,000 in fines, up to 5 years imprisonment, or both."

It says I have to go to http://www.sss.gov to register. According to the website,
    On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2 to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the draft. Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A similar bill languishes in the Senate.
    What should I do?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Very bad news.I say try your hardest to fail the test.Are you flat footed?Im 18 in afew more years so this sucks.For me it would be easy to go to prison because im a southern mexican.If you choose to go to prison...well good luck with that
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 07-09-2005 at 07:20 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Fuck that shite.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I got this card thingy in the mail today from the "Selective Service System." The stupid thing says I have to register, it says it like a million times, but doesn't say what for exactly. It says men 18-25 years old have to register because its the law. "Failure to register is a felony and may result in up to $250,000 in fines, up to 5 years imprisonment, or both."

It says I have to go to http://www.sss.gov to register. According to the website,
    On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2 to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the draft. Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A similar bill languishes in the Senate.
    What should I do?
    From what I read you are still required to register. So do it. Unless you have a spare $250000.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I don't want to register! What if the draft happens? No one's sending me anywhere to get my ass blown off, hell with that.

@ziggyjuarez
    No I'm not flat footed. I don't think prison sounds too good right about now either.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Canada here I come!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Do whatever you want. But be forewarned. You can never get a Government job (post office etc.), government loan or grant (pell grants, fha home loans) without registering.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Compared to a $250,000 fine/5 years in prison, not getting a government job/loan is the least of my problems.

Looks like I'm going to have to register, wether I like it or not.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Well, if they can feck you up if you dont register,
    I guess its a must.

Also, might be good to start learning the languade they speak in ME,
    (Arabic?) why? I dunno, just a hunch...

Last edited by Afronaut; 07-09-2005 at 08:20 AM.
    Spoiler: Show

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They aren't trying to draft you.

Every male in the US must register for the draft upon turning 18. It's the law. It's no big deal, everyone does it.
    Last edited by Skizo; 07-09-2005 at 08:12 AM.

yo

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast