Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giganews

Quote Originally Posted by snook789
    I just have been testing out GigaNews and NewsHosting speed with my connections.

For some reason the NewsHosting kepts droping for me.

Here is a screen shot of both, done right after the other, downloading from the same server. (parts of the same file)

Why the big drop off's ?
    i think newshosting is capping that highspeed connections.
    just pay that 25$ for giganews if you want fullspeed.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    I've been using the giganews unlimited for 1 month now...

Transfer (since 06/15/05) 209.23GB/Unlimited
    Type D/L Billed Free
    Articles 209.23GB 209.23GB 0.00GB
    Headers 17.34GB 0.00GB 17.34GB
    Total 226.57GB 209.23GB 17.34GB

I've not had one single issue...other than the fact they only allow me 4 simultaneous connections. It would be nice ot be downloading from my work, home, laptop, school, and wherever else I might be at the time....but alas...I'm limited to 4.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    I use to have Giganews, capped me after a bit at 100kb/s. Canceled and told them my problem and they promised to refund me. 3 months on no refund and they refuse to respond to my emails.

3 months of happy Newshosting here, compared with 15 days of shit Giganews service then being lied to and being cut off without asking to be.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by snook789
    I just have been testing out GigaNews and NewsHosting speed with my connections.

For some reason the NewsHosting kepts droping for me.

Here is a screen shot of both, done right after the other, downloading from the same server. (parts of the same file)

Why the big drop off's ?
    with a decent payserver you dont need to download par2 files

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Do any of these providers allow connections from more than 1 IP? I want to share an account with a friend.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by biggulp
    Do any of these providers allow connections from more than 1 IP? I want to share an account with a friend.
    None of them allow it, but I seem to remember peerzy doing so with a friend.
    I presume you both have to share the 4 connections. 2 each.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Retired
    some payservers allow account sharing.

I share my account with a friend.

max connections is 4.
    so we both use 2

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™
    Quote Originally Posted by biggulp
    None of them allow it, but I seem to remember peerzy doing so with a friend.
    I presume you both have to share the 4 connections. 2 each.

Yeah, infact i still let someone use my Newshosting account. 2 connections maxes out my 3mb connection and 2 connections max out my friends 6mb connection. Thats 8mb at one time maxing out

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I use to have Giganews, capped me after a bit at 100kb/s. Canceled and told them my problem and they promised to refund me. 3 months on no refund and they refuse to respond to my emails.

3 months of happy Newshosting here, compared with 15 days of shit Giganews service then being lied to and being cut off without asking to be.

That's very strange...how long ago was that?

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I've had no issues with GigaNews and have been using them for a bit more then a year now.

Of course I can only dl at 125k/s or so but I have had it going for weeks maxed out with no trouble Lots of research materials on the NG's

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast