Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giganews

Quote Originally Posted by cldnails
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I use to have Giganews, capped me after a bit at 100kb/s. Canceled and told them my problem and they promised to refund me. 3 months on no refund and they refuse to respond to my emails.

3 months of happy Newshosting here, compared with 15 days of shit Giganews service then being lied to and being cut off without asking to be.

That's very strange...how long ago was that?
    About 4 months ago.

As soon as i quit Giganews i went straight over to Newshosting.

I get an email and looked on Google and a few hundred other people have recieved the exact same email, it says we could not find an issue on our end so we have decided it is best for your account to be canceled, you will be refunded shortly.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by biggulp
    Do any of these providers allow connections from more than 1 IP?
    I think the easiest way to go for you is NewsHosting.
    This can easily be done and is all the time.
    As always and dont forget our referral...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-16-2005 at 05:14 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    I think NewsHosting is a much better deal at $15 a month for unlimited and dosent seem to mind splitting either and has just as good a retention and Ive never seen them cap anyone. In the past with GigaNews Ive heard quite a few complaints that heavy users have had their lines capped and when they ask why they are told that theyre unaware and that they dont cap, which it seems they do and then suggest to close their account and offten just close their account. If you decide to go with NewsHosing though dont forget the forums banner above or use our referral link at...
    I use EasyNews. I have for a long time. (10GB limit) I have a huge gig bank.
    However,I would recommend Newshosting (you kids download such massive amounts )

Peace bd

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    I think the easiest way to go for you is NewsHosting.
    This can easily be done and is all the time.
    As always and dont forget our referral...
    is that applicable to the unlimited accounts?
    Last edited by biggulp; 07-17-2005 at 06:00 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Yes...
    thanks a lot reality, you've been a great help. how's the reliability of newshosting compared to giganews? how much downtime have users experienced? i've heard giganews have solid uptime altough i don't want to pay a $10 premium.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    On a very rare occaasion like any they all may have some congestion and slow a little or have a tad of downtime. They both have little downtime and are in the top of payservers. The fact is the extra $10 is a pure waste of money...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-18-2005 at 05:29 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    I have been using Newshosting for the past 18 months and have had no problem at all. Unlimited account of cause with my downloed speed at 400kb/s if i am not sharing my network, and 200kb/s if sharing. They are reliable

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    I use to have Giganews, capped me after a bit at 100kb/s. Canceled and told them my problem and they promised to refund me. 3 months on no refund and they refuse to respond to my emails.

3 months of happy Newshosting here, compared with 15 days of shit Giganews service then being lied to and being cut off without asking to be.

Sounds almost exactly like what happened to me. Just my opinion but anyone looking for the best value out of a usenet provider should use Newshosting. I'm lucky enough to have 9.0Mb where I live and Newshosting maxes my pipe with no problems and they have the same or better retention than Giganews when you grab stuff using NZBs.

$15/month with 70+d retention using NZBs = Can't beat that with a stick!

They have a new site also http://www.newshosting.com/NewSite/

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    I've used both newshosting and giganews. Newshosting is great but I let them go since I was having unreliable speeds from their servers, wasn't maxing me out. I have been using giganews since but I don't really download much at all. I did have problems with giganews in the past where they did cap me and would not acknowledge they capped me so then I switched to newshosting and now I am back with giganews only cuz of the retention.

On other note, does anyone in North America use Eweka? I was considering trying them out. What kind of speeds are you getting and etc? Do they accept North American customers? I can't read their site, its all in Dutch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast