Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do I burn an .img file? its a dvd

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I have a dvd .img, and I dont know how to burn it to a dvd-r. alcohol wont do it, nero wont do it (at least as far as I can tell). what program do I need to burn this to a dvd-r to play it in my stand-alone dvd player? alcohol and nero will burn .iso, and they work fine, but this .img thing has me confused. I have read that renaming it to .iso will work, but I tried that, and it made the video all offset on the television screen. I have previewed the .img on a virtual drive, and it is good. Any advice would be good. and btw, i do have DVD decryptor, but I dont know how to use it yet.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    rename to .iso and burn in nero
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You don't even need to Rename, just do as you would to burn an ISO but when selecting it change FILE TYPE to ALL in the selection box so it shows up.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    You don't even need to Rename, just do as you would to burn an ISO but when selecting it change FILE TYPE to ALL in the selection box so it shows up.
    That doesn't work in Nero express though.

You have to run it through the recorder from the regular burning rom thingie.

Would renaming it to iso let it burn through express if you have an OEM install without the regular burning rom features, though?

(I don't need to do it, but I'm curious.)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It doesn't work in the main Nero Burning ROM window for me, I have to rename the .img file to an .iso. That always seems to work without problems, tho.

He said that he's tried that anyway and it didn't work out so good. I thimnk maybe he got a dodgy burn since it works okay from a virtual drive. Maybe give it another go with a fresh DVD.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You should be able to run the image through the recorder option if you have a full version of nero.

It always works for me.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I just open Nero (As in the standard Buring Rom) go to Recorder and click Burn Image. I then have to select All File Types on the drop down menu and then i select the IMG. A box comes up asking if i want to burn with a certain few settings (settings that define the data is infact an ISO just using .IMG as an extension) and you click okay. Has worked hundreds of times for me for scene released DVDr's. You can rename and burn with Nero, you can use DVD Decrypter or a hundred other programs, it's just how i do it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Duno, it just won't work for me that way with Nero - I do have the full version

Changing the extension is no hassle, anyway.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Duno, it just won't work for me that way with Nero - I do have the full version

Changing the extension is no hassle, anyway.
    Same here, always tells me it's not a valid image file. Renaming works everytime though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    well, ill give it another try. thanks for all the advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast