Thread: Burning wmv's to make (s)vcd

I know you have to encode the wmv to make into mpeg-2 format, but I hear you have to convert wmv into another format before making it into an mpeg because wmv has variable frames per second. I used TMPGEnc and encoded wmv into mpeg, it worked alright the video freezed when I tried to move ahead on my computer though, then I burned it with nero and tried to play on my dvd player but only the menu popped up. Any ideas or better ideas to make wmv's into an svcd?
    Last edited by fr0zex; 07-10-2005 at 08:50 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The menu for the svcd or the player's own menu?

First time I burned an svcd it took me a bit to figure out that I was supposed to press the "1" button on the remote, and not the enter or play button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The menu for the svcd. I saw th picture of the video but I couldn't get it to play. I'll try again though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    anyone?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've burned VCDs from .wmv using Nero for the whole thing.

Encoding and burning.

Normally I don't like to use Nero for encoding because it's a bit rubbish on both quality and time taken. however, I tried it and it worked fine.

Btw, I used the Startsmart Wizard. It was really straight forward - which is probably why I took that option rather than spending a bit of time figuring out how to get TMPGenc or WinAVI to do the encoding job.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.