Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i hope you catch herpes, i mean good luck

3. Lounge   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider_dude
    i hope you catch herpes

4. Lounge   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I have one on tuesday at a hospital to be an electrician for my coop thingy.

Wish me luck too. I is scared.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    My dads an electrician, its good work and the pays pretty good it

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco

Good luck Ross. Interviews are easy if you prepare for the questions they will most probably ask you and you remember that the person interviewing you is probably as nervous about it as you.

I just spend the morning before an interview going over possible answers to questions in my head.

Don't, however, do what Spud did in Trainspotting.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese

Good luck Ross. Interviews are easy if you prepare for the questions they will most probably ask you and you remember that the person interviewing you is probably as nervous about it as you.
    I don't see how, this is my first interview, while the itnerviewer has probably done hundreds of interviews before.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    At a vet clinic, walking, feeding and cleaning the animals after hours

Wish me luck

You get payed for that ? I know people who would do it for free, sounds like fun tho good luck .

9. Lounge   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

I don't see how, this is my first interview, while the itnerviewer has probably done hundreds of interviews before.

I do the hiring at my job so have given many an interview , you'll do fine . Mention your hobbies , computers and the work you do on this forum . They'll be mighty impressed and its something you know well, so it will put you at ease. It's not just your education or qualifications its how you get on with people aswell.
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-11-2005 at 01:41 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Maybe he has. Maybe it's his first ever time doing an interview, though? Maybe he knows he is crap at interviewing?

I had an interview for a job that I got last week and it turned out it was one of the directors of the company interviewing me (I thought he was a bog-standard manager of one of their branches). He was all over the place, kept repeating himself and went off on some weird tangents (like telling me the person I was replacing had been headbutted a few weeks ago...).

Roleplay the interview in your head beforehand, imagine the questions you'll be asked and answer them. Works for me.

An interviewer isn't looking for a "perfect person" anyhows. He wants to know you're willing to do the job, that you're reliable and you're not a complete idiot.

If all else fails say the word "flexible". This will get you triple-bonus points if you're a girl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast