Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording Streaming Audio

hey errbody!

just wanted to know if it were possible to record some streaming audio, and divide it into several mp3s. Thanks for the help!!!!

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    yes it is very possible. I think it depends on your soundcard however. I have an Audigy Player and it can handle many audio-channels at once. However, as far as I can recall, with Millenium/2K/XP this does the same thing with less-powerful cards.

Try opening a recording program (I use creative wave) and press record whilst playing the stream. Hopefuly it can pic up the waveform then allow you to save it as whatever format you wish. Then from here use mp3 editing tools to cut and dice to your desire. You may have to go to sound-card properties and select what it records however.

Give me some specs such a sound-card and O/S and perhaps I can give you some software to get etc....

-- EzyRyder

3. Music   -   #3
    i've got Win ME and i've got a Crystal Audio sound card.

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Its normally under "Stereo Mix" or "Wave" within the recording properties in the volume control - double click your volume controls (next to the clock in windows sandbox) and click on Options > Properties > Recording, then click OK, then select the source you need (as above, stereo mix or wave) and make sure the levels are right - recording too loud will cause digital distortion, sometimes known as "clipping", and if its too low you may get background noise such as hissing, etc.

Make sure you select the correct source, unlike me - once I recorded a whole three hours of my external mic - made very interesting listening. :-)

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    MrCrosby that has to be the funniest thing I have read all day. Recording your microphone thankyou for a good laugh. I wish you had kept that, it would actually have made good listening.

Now Studda Step, try with Crosby has said first then if that doesn't help you I think I can.

-- EzyRyder

6. Music   -   #6
    sorry crossy, it didn't work. Here's my scenario, just fyi: I found this kick-@$$ concert on the website justconcerts.com. this file is a streaming, .ram file( real of course) What i want to do is record the concert, then split and convert the songs into .mp3s, then burn. Aiight, thanks for the help bruhs

7. Music   -   #7
    kAb's Avatar Poster

8. Music   -   #8
    sweet, thanks bruh. HEY!! i got the sound recorder to work, now all i need to know is how to record longer than the 47 seconds it gives you. Any ideas? Thanks for all of the help.

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    Using microsoft sound recorder, cut and paste a silent file many times, then start recording - this will record for twice the time thats already there, afaik.

Better still, get Cool Edit 2000 - its one of the most widely used packages around, used by many professionals - many versions available via kazaa.

10. Music   -   #10
    sweeeeeeeet. thanks to everybody for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast