Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this..?

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I play on Pogo.com, a great online gaming site where you can even win prizes....

One day I was wandering through the prize winning rules, and look what I found.....

Eligibility
    • Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who already have connection to the Internet and an e-mail account.
    • U.S. legal residents must be 18 years or older to win cash prizes. Canadian legal residents must have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residence to participate.
    • In order to be declared a winner, Canadian residents may be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question.
    WTF??
    Where did that come from? Why would a Canadian need to answer a question to win a prize..????

Is this the only place it goes on in or are there other places it happens in as well???????

I think it smells bad at Pogo..

Rafi

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    I play on Pogo.com, a great online gaming site where you can even win prizes....

One day I was wandering through the prize winning rules, and look what I found.....

Eligibility
    • Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who already have connection to the Internet and an e-mail account.
    • U.S. legal residents must be 18 years or older to win cash prizes. Canadian legal residents must have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residence to participate.
    • In order to be declared a winner, Canadian residents may be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question.
    WTF??
    Where did that come from? Why would a Canadian need to answer a question to win a prize..????

Is this the only place it goes on in or are there other places it happens in as well???????

I think it smells bad at Pogo..

Rafi
    I used to play pogo games when I got my first computer. in all the time I played, I never ran into one winner of the so called prizes I actually never played for the money anyway, only to pass the time

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Sure, that's why I play too

But that rule seems very odd to me......

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Maybe you've got this a bit backwards.

Consider the fact that they might have implemented that to make it more even.

"Americans have such a hard times spelling their own names so we know where to send the prices, and that makes it unfair, so lets give the Canadians something tricky to do too."

That's predjudice that is.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Yes, but taking it seriously, I think it is very unfair, let's say a Canadian wins the 4,999$ jackpot, and fails the question......??? I would be pretty pissed off, wouldn't you?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Usually, these games are nothing more than simple games of chance. That's probably illegal under Canadian law, so they have to pass a "skill" test in order that it is no longer a game of chance.

It will probably be a question like "what colour is the opposite of black: 1)red 2)blue 3)white".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    red

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Usually, these games are nothing more than simple games of chance. That's probably illegal under Canadian law, so they have to pass a "skill" test in order that it is no longer a game of chance.

It will probably be a question like "what colour is the opposite of black: 1)red 2)blue 3)white".
    A little like our own multiple choice questions, to win stuff off TV?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Maybe you've got this a bit backwards.

Consider the fact that they might have implemented that to make it more even.

"Americans have such a hard times spelling their own names so we know where to send the prices, and that makes it unfair, so lets give the Canadians something tricky to do too."

That's predjudice that is.
    /reported.

I know an American who can spell his name, O J.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast