Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faster Burning

Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by RPerry@12 April 2003 - 09:33
    do those of you who burn at those high rates of speeds find that the quality has suffered at all? I always burn my music CD's at a slow speed, for better quality, and less chance of a buffer underun
    Personally I don't need to burn at slower speeds, I've always burned at the maximum that the media would let me. My current batch of CD-R's can be burnt at x40 which is good enough. I think if you have a slower computer, with not much memory, then setting to slower speeds and not multi-tasking while you burn is probably a good idea.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Grim+12 April 2003 - 06:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grim @ 12 April 2003 - 06:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RPerry@12 April 2003 - 10:33
    do those of you who burn at those high rates of speeds find that the quality has suffered at all? I always burn my music CD&#39;s at a slow speed, for better quality, and less chance of a buffer underun
    I thought also the slower the speed the better the quality.[/b][/quote]
    No, burn speed won&#39;t affect the quality. It&#39;s digital, which means a copy will always be exactly the same as the original (as long as there are no errors during the copy process). As far as buffer underruns, newer drives have built in protection to avoid them. As long as your burn speed is not faster than your source speed (hard drive or secong CD-Rom), and the media is rated for high speed burning, you shouldn&#39;t have any problems.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have the Lite On Colt Seevers mentioned above and it works great for me.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Forum Star
    Buy a LiteOn 32/12/48w (w type not s) and put in the firmware from the 48/12/48w.

These are exactly the same drives, but with different firmwares.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Colt Seevers@12 April 2003 - 11:15
    Lite on&#33; Like flame on only different....

ummm i ordered a blue box one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12