Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ISP Monthly Cap

  1. #1
    I've finally decided to sign up for newshosting.com. The only concern I have is how much my ISP (Cox Communications) will allow me to download in a month. I searched there website and they said something about users being able to have unlimited downloading every month "within reason" or something like that. This worries me. Just how much should I be able to download before I get capped. I googled it and some guy said that cox emailed him and he had only used 10 gigs in a month.

    So basically, should I pay for the unlimited and risk downloading too much with cox, or should I pay for 10 gigs a month just too be on the safe side, even though I wouldn't get as good of a deal?

    Thanks For the Help Guys

  2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Most generally have no issues at 50gb and may get concerned when you go over 100gb or so.
    If your using their budget tiers its more likely youed be noticed compared to theyre higher ones...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-12-2005 at 07:51 PM.

  3. Newsgroups   -   #3

    Smile

    I'm thinking I'll just get the 10 gigs for now and if that's not enough I can always upgrade. Thanks I feel better about this now.

  4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I was wondering if you used our referral link when you signed up...

  5. Newsgroups   -   #5

  6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Most generally have no issues at 50gb and may get concerned when you go over 100gb or so.
    If your using their budget tiers its more likely youed be noticed compared to theyre higher ones...

    Hmm...I'm on my ISP's upper tier service... 6mb/512...and I've downloaded over 300gb total for the month.... and upload on average 1gb a day...do you think this makes me look a lil suspicious? lol

  7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    I was wondering if you used our referral link when you signed up...
    So how much do you get per hit on that referral?

    hmm...asspie

  8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Its strictly per signup so nothing on clicks...

  9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cldnails
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Most generally have no issues at 50gb and may get concerned when you go over 100gb or so.
    If your using their budget tiers its more likely youed be noticed compared to theyre higher ones...

    Hmm...I'm on my ISP's upper tier service... 6mb/512...and I've downloaded over 300gb total for the month.... and upload on average 1gb a day...do you think this makes me look a lil suspicious? lol
    They won't notice unless people complain about a slow connection on your node, they have people watching internet traffic but you only get flaged if your causing problems.

    They are more concerned with people that are uncapping, or using there connection without paying, or most of all if your hosting malicious software.

  10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    @Master$hake Uncapping....now there's something I haven't looked into for awhile. I wasn't to concerned with it...since I talk with my ISP almost on a weekly basis to persuade them to increase bandwidth, lower their prices, and generally anything else. The same company does my telephone, internet, and cable TV.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •