Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Explain please

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    There are several points to remember here;

1. Just because a group claims to represent people, does not mean they actually do. The very people the murderer claims to be fighting for often actually decry their actions. They may not even want the same end as the murderers, far less approve of their means

2. mankers point re laying down of arms is a good one. Progress was made in Ireland when a ceasefire was called and people spoke to each other. It's an ongoing process but it does seem to be carrying on in the right direction.

3. The most succesful protests and actions I can think of have been non-violent. One thinks of The Mahatma and of Martin Luther King. They changed the World thro' non-violent means.

4. Any solution which is not a compromise will not work, at least not in the long run. This is part of the problem with fundamentalists. They think that they are 100% correct and that their God will not allow them to compromise. It is fortunate that most people can learn to live together. Using Muslims as an example, the vast, vast majority (certainly those who have settled here) live at peace with their neighbour. They may still think everyone else an infidel, but they live with it.

5.Murder is wrong, there are no "what ifs" or "there was nothing else I could do", it is just wrong.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    So you're one of these morons who think that by bombing a cafe, you'll go to heaven.

Why are Islamic religious leaders renouncing suicide bombings, calling them unjust and not in accord with the Qur'an? Do you know more about the subject than they do.

No, you don't ... you're a brainwashed fool.
    i dont have that guts to blast my self, killing inocent is not what they want... i said sacrifices, meaning that with killing some inocent they can bury some people who they belive thier invaising thier country.
    tell me how do u guys feel when army bombs inocent people to kill some bad guys?
    doesnt that just looks the same.
    its just like in US when u rape a black 11 year old girl and nobody cares but in same case when a white girl gets raped every fucking red neck stands up.
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 07-14-2005 at 12:25 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    So you're one of these morons who think that by bombing a cafe, you'll go to heaven.

Why are Islamic religious leaders renouncing suicide bombings, calling them unjust and not in accord with the Qur'an? Do you know more about the subject than they do.

i dont have that guts to blast my self, killing inocent is not what they want... i said sacrifices, meaning that with killing some inocent they can bury some people who they belive thier invaising thier country.
    tell me how do u guys feel when army bombs inocent people to kill some bad guys?
    its just like in US when u rape a black 11 year old girl and nobody cares but in same case when a white girl gets raped every fucking red neck stands up.
    the rape thing is just wrong. don't know where you heard it.

there is a difference. while thousands of civilians have died at the hands or western soldiers, none of them were intended to kill just civilians. british civilians aren't invaders, in fact the vast majority opposed the iraq invasion.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

So you're one of these morons who thinks people who bomb cafes go to heaven - but you're without the guts to do it yourself.

That is slightly better. Wait, no it's not. You're simply a moronic coward - which puts me in mind of the leaders of Hamas et al who encourage their members to blow themselves up in buses but won't do it themselves.

I don't believe the coalition forces deliberately attacked civilians so that makes it a different thing, however, I didn't agree with the Iraq invasion in the first place. The example you gave of white girls and black girls getting raped is something only racists could distinguish between. To me they're equally heinous.

I ask again; what makes you more of an authority on the Qur'an than the Islamic leaders who have denounced suicide bombings?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35

So terrorists are really trying to rape white people

The Qur'an says no one must take a life unless it is in repayment for an equal sin.

Terrorists read this is American's bomb us, we gonna fuck them.

Im sure if every country kept its troops in itsown country and no one bothered to try to "Make peace in the middle east" the world would be a better place. Let them sort out there own issues, as long as they don't bring the fight to us don't brng it to them.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    There are several points to remember here;

1. Just because a group claims to represent people, does not mean they actually do. The very people the murderer claims to be fighting for often actually decry their actions. They may not even want the same end as the murderers, far less approve of their means

2. mankers point re laying down of arms is a good one. Progress was made in Ireland when a ceasefire was called and people spoke to each other. It's an ongoing process but it does seem to be carrying on in the right direction.

3. The most succesful protests and actions I can think of have been non-violent. One thinks of The Mahatma and of Martin Luther King. They changed the World thro' non-violent means.

4. Any solution which is not a compromise will not work, at least not in the long run. This is part of the problem with fundamentalists. They think that they are 100% correct and that their God will not allow them to compromise. It is fortunate that most people can learn to live together. Using Muslims as an example, the vast, vast majority (certainly those who have settled here) live at peace with their neighbour. They may still think everyone else an infidel, but they live with it.

5.Murder is wrong, there are no "what ifs" or "there was nothing else I could do", it is just wrong.
    Well said, I couldn't agree more.

The ceasefire in Ireland was exactly what I had in mind when I made the point about negotiations, too.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

Im sure if every country kept its troops in itsown country and no one bothered to try to "Make peace in the middle east" the world would be a better place. Let them sort out there own issues, as long as they don't bring the fight to us don't brng it to them.
    why cant bush think of this.
    why always westreners want to interfare in other bussnies while all they bring is more disstruction.
    bush said lets stop Afghanistan so there wouldnt be any more 9/11, then iraq, instead it brought more of 9/11's.
    we simply refuse to go under westren rule, we have our own way, this is the thing u guy should accsept it. iraq was peacefull untill american bad lucks steped in, now not only iraq but all neighbours have prolems(lebanon, seria...)

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Iraq peaceful??? give me a break!!

If peace is at the cost of a brutal dictatorship that murders its own people then I for one don't want that kind of peace.

I doubt if the Kurds and other oppressed people of Saddam's regime would agree with you.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    what u saw in tapes was in early age of saddams regim, i dislike saddam also but people life was much more better then what it is.
    before saddam used to kill them now every forgin gun man kill them on daily bases. at age of saddam regim only political perisnors were murdered but now no matter who is who they would die.
    which one is better?
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 07-14-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Benjamen button

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    what u saw in tapes was in early age of saddams regim, i dislike saddam also but people life was much more better then what it is.
    before saddam used to kill them now every forgin gun man kill them on daily bases. at age of saddam regim only political perisnors were murdered but now no matter who is who they would die.
    which one is bettre?
    Yay! Lets hear it for brutal dictatorships! After all, they only kill political prisoners, so that's OK.

But wait, who are these so-called "Political Prisoners"?? Yep, that's right folks, they could be ANYONE who just happens to disagree with the Dictator...

The difference is, the new Government of Iraq is not responsible for the killing. I'd much rather be part of a system with elections and the freedom to express your opinion, and I'd take my chances with that, rather than a totalitarian system.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast