Thread: Bad Avi Copies

What is the point in some of these avi's of films that are appearing on the Varifieds etc lately? The Quality is generally rubbish and they are virtually un-watchable. For instance A Man Apart is the featured title on the Varifieds section but it is absolutley crap quality! The size of the file indicates this right away. Whats the point?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    I believe its labeled as a cam or suchlike.These are for people who dont want to wait for screeners or rips to come out and are quite happy to make a sacrifice on quality.
    You read the description,check the file size and make your choice.Simple as.
    No-one is forced to watch/download.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Retired
    The Cam versions are good for people who have a low connection!! (like 56k)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I supose you are right but I for one would sooner wait for a decent watchable copy to come out as watching crap of that quality would spoil the enjoiment of the film. I get your points though.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    UHHMMM..... U could always go watch it at the THEATER!!!

That would be really great quality, and I was always taught that beggarz cant be choozers.

Unless you can provide a better quality cut, why bother complaining about whats out there. Be happy you have the opportunity to watch what IS out there.

I too wish there where 700+ mb files for those of us with cable and faster lines to DL. It would be SweeeeeT!!!

But one thing I have learned from around the IRC channels is that there are many reasons for less quality, mainly for the multimillions of peeps who have DialUP, and the fact that if the movies WHERE a better quality, think about the consequences...

No body would ever go see the movie, why bother, its just as good on the TV.

yada yada yada... Im not flaming, just saying I am happy that at least I get to watch these suckers.

BUt ya I wish they were better to, but until I can find a way to get better, why complain....

Holla!!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Yomanda_66@11 April 2003 - 08:47
    What is the point in some of these avi's of films that are appearing on the Varifieds etc lately? The Quality is generally rubbish and they are virtually un-watchable. For instance A Man Apart is the featured title on the Varifieds section but it is absolutley crap quality! The size of the file indicates this right away. Whats the point?
    avi has the worst quality of the video.mpeg is better than thst

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I think we all know Mpeg is better, what I was saying was that it is a waist of time tryiing to watch un-watchable copies. And yes I would sooner go to the cinema to watch it.