Thread: 9800pro Power Connector?

Poster
    Hi, I recently got a great deal on a 9800 pro but it came without any accessories...including the power connector. Where can I get one of these? I found one on ATI website, but they are charging $12.99 + Shipping.

Are there anywhere I could get one of these cables for cheaper?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Any Radio shack type store should be able to help you or a computer store, minor detail . Probably cheaper too.
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-16-2005 at 01:35 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Do you know what the cable is called? I don't even know what it's called and I'm not sure most people at radio shack would even know what a 9800pro is
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 07-16-2005 at 02:20 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Elmo
    Do you know what the cable is called? I don't even know what it's called and I'm not sure most people at radio shack would even know what a 9800pro is
    Its a moldex connecter I think ? And they'll know what you mean .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-16-2005 at 02:24 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    You will probably have a spare power connector in your pc, so check before you go out and buy one. It is about an inch across, has one red, two black and one yellow wires and round pins, unlike the smaller "floppy" power connector which is about half an inch across and has sockets rather than pins.

In the unlikely event that they are all used, you need a "splitter", which you should be able to get from any reasonable computer store. The name (in case you need it) is molex, but that is simply the name of the company who first made it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.