Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everytime I buy something online, something goes absolutely wrong!!!

In your Ebay go to items won then click the drop down menu next to the item you won and click report to Ebay.

Has he replied yet?

2. Lounge   -   #12

Arrow

Hope you get sorted & i'm sure you will, You're not the only one,
    I Bought a pair of Oakley Sunglasses friday "Oakley Juliet sunglasses"

Got them sat morning with a bit of a shock!

Item descripsion: They have embedded 'O's on the templates and Oakley etched across the nosepiece. Metal Frames The ear cups are full rubber. Highest Quality Oakley sunglasses No Marks, No Scratches. They are Brand New:

Sounds Good, All the above would be on the originals,
    But what I recived, no embedded O's & no etched logo, No metal at all, Total plastic crap!!! Well mad

If ebay or paypal don't sort it then it's best to give a visit,
    So far he has been banned, But after reading in there forum, they just re sign up with a new account,, how fucked up is that.
    Ebay is rife with fake goods & their not doing a thing to stop it, Some of theese glasses are going for £100 + What is going on with Ebay!!!
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    In your Ebay go to items won then click the drop down menu next to the item you won and click report to Ebay.

Has he replied yet?
    I can't use that report feature yet, it says I have to wait at least 10 days, and today is day 9. I might try that tomorrow. I emailed eBay customer service reporting the guy, and they said they'll "investigate" it. The guy also hasn't replied yet.

@Celebs
    That sucks, I know how you feel. How much did you pay for them?

I'm thinking about buying the game from Gamestop used, walking out of the store, swapping them and going back in asking for a refund saying I got a bootleg. What are the chances of it working?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I'm thinking about buying the game from Gamestop used, walking out of the store, swapping them and going back in asking for a refund saying I got a bootleg. What are the chances of it working?
    2 wrongs don't make a right.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibonbon
    2 wrongs don't make a right.
    Yeah I know, but what else am I supposed to do? Either I get cheated, or GameStop gets cheated, I'd rather have it be GameStop than me.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Yeah I know, but what else am I supposed to do? Either I get cheated, or GameStop gets cheated, I'd rather have it be GameStop than me.
    I dig what you're saying. But you have ways of getting your money back. So to get your money back and pull one on Gamestop, you would be no better than the original seller.

File with Paypal if you used them.
    If paid with a money order, file a fraud case. (Federal charge using postal service)
    If paid with a credit card, contest the charge as it is total misrepresentation in his discription.

May want to go as far as reporting him/her to Nintendo for pirating. (just don't tell them of your habits )
    Last edited by Tikibonbon; 07-18-2005 at 12:12 AM.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

7. Lounge   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Since you've now spoken to Ebat customer service, they (or someone) may want to see the evidence. That's going to be a little tricky if you swap it at GameStop. And suppose GameStop don't fall for it, they may just decide to take action against you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibonbon
    I dig what you're saying. But you have ways of getting your money back. So to get your money back and pull one on Gamestop, you would be no better than the original seller.

File with Paypal if you used them.
    If paid with a money order, file a fraud case. (Federal charge using postal service)
    If paid with a credit card, contest the charge as it is total misrepresentation in his discription.

May want to go as far as reporting him/her to Nintendo for pirating. (just don't tell them of your habits )
    I don't want my money back because in the description he said he'd refund the money for the game, but not the shipping. The game was $6, the shipping was $8. The shipping was more than the game. Plus I can't get a refund, he isn't returning my emails.

I can't file with paypal, because I used my friend's eBay/PayPal account (I don't have one) and it's too much of a hassle for him. I used his account to buy it, and then I paid him in cash.

Report him to Nintendo? Eh, too much of a hassle also, I don't even know where the guy is, somewhere in Hong Kong.

@lynx
    Damn, your right. There could be severe consequences if I get caught.

Shit, oh well. Guess I just lost $14 on a defective game...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    I notice he had the cheek to leave a positive feedback on the account.

Mind you, I notice he left the same feedback on all the accounts.

But you might like to look at this account:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=hkallinone

Leaves exactly the same feedback too.
    Multiple accounts without declaring the link - definitely against Ebay rules.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Yeah he left my friend good feedback on his account after he paid for it.

Yeah I know what you mean. There are a bunch of eBay members from Hong Kong, all giving out the same feedback, and most of them have negative feedback from people saying the games are bootleg.

I've found about 3-4 members from Hong Kong who are giving out bootlegs, yet most of the feedback is positive. Either people are stupid, or they just don't care if it's bootleg, as long as it works for them.

This is what the REAL cartridge looks like:

Thats not what the cartridge I got looks like, its a shitty home made label with Mario on it and Luigi in the backround. It's very different, I'd post it but I dont have a digicam.

Why doesn't eBay notice this these things?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast