Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Everytime I buy something online, something goes absolutely wrong!!!

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    that cart picture looks like a photo or scan o half the box

see. not a pretty face

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I bought a really rare film from EBay last week for a friend. I couldn't download it anywhere and she really wanted it.

So I bought it off a dodgy HK seller. It was only $8 and $5 p&p so I thought fuck it.

It arrived yesterday and altho' obviously bootleg - it worked perfectly
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Also, RE: HK sellers, they might not be flashing games or copying movies themselves, 'cos you can get fakes everywhere, there.

Heck, they might even be daft enough to not know they are selling fakes (tho' I doubt that).

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    See the difference?
    Get a few shots of the ROM cart loading up as well.

eBay could say something about the label (I'm not sure on how eBay react because all my dealings have been fine), but if they see what shows up when loaded it can provide a lot more weight on the fact that it's a bootleg.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I had a look at a japanese cartridge I had at home, and while it did have the model number your cartridges have in the lower right corner (it's in the upper right corner on that tho'), it doesn't have the golden nintendo thing and that. And I'm still pretty sure it isn't fake.

Japanese and other asian cartridges look a bit different in my experience (have seen it before on old gameboy cartridges), but there should a model number. And maybe a two-digit number etched somewhere on the label.

Is the label glossy or not? And also, just out of interest, does it still say nintendo on the back?

The text in the upper left corner is probably the same on all japanese cartridges, the nintendo text on the bottom isn't always there (it's there to say who made the game I think, mario is obviously made by nintendo). And, if you look closely to the right there's an "11" etched into the label next to the logo (mine, a wrestling game, has a "41" etched into the label).

Can't find an original chinese one, but I'm betting it still should have the number etched into the label if it's real, and some kind of logo, like the japanese ones have on the upper left, and it should def have some kind of model number.

^Might come in handy if you have to prove it's fake.
    Eh. The game he sent me doesn't have the model number, rating, or any Nintendo logos. It doesn't have any etched numbers on it either. The guy took the game's box art, cropped it, and made the sticker at home. It does say Nintendo on the back of the cartridge though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    that cart picture looks like a photo or scan o half the box

see. not a pretty face
    That's exactly what I noticed, stupid, cheap, home-made, cut off label.

@manker
    Bootleg DVD's too? Damn HK sellers!

@SnnY
    I'm pretty sure he knows he is selling bootlegs, I sent him a message saying it was bootleg, to see what he'd say. Guess what? He won't respond to my emails.

@Illuminati
    Yeah the bootleg game has a hacked message when you turn it on, but I have no way of taking the pictures. I don't have a digital camera, I used my scanner for the GBA cartridge pics.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The point tho' was that it doesn't have to have all of those things, but that it should have some (think I said which), and knowing that should help you if you have to prove it's fake.

And I wondered if the plastic part was an exact copy of nintendo's own cartridges, IE if the mould still had the word nintendo on the back

Good luck, anyhow.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I bought a really rare film from EBay last week for a friend. I couldn't download it anywhere and she really wanted it.

So I bought it off a dodgy HK seller. It was only $8 and $5 p&p so I thought fuck it.

It arrived yesterday and altho' obviously bootleg - it worked perfectly

Complain anyway, they give you a full refund cause they don't wanna get butt fucked by ebay and you get to keep your movie

@RTJ - Did you contact ebay and open a claim up?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    The point tho' was that it doesn't have to have all of those things, but that it should have some (think I said which), and knowing that should help you if you have to prove it's fake.

And I wondered if the plastic part was an exact copy of nintendo's own cartridges, IE if the mould still had the word nintendo on the back

Good luck, anyhow.
    The cartridges are very similar, with a few slight differences. But yeah, the bootleg cartridge he sent me does have the Nintendo logo on the back. Underneith it is written: "Model No. AGB-002. Pat. Pend. Made in Japan" The same thing as the real cartridges.

@Peerzy
    When I try to open a dispute by clicking "item not recieved or different," it tells me to file a claim thru paypal, then it takes me to the paypal website. The paypal account used was my friends, I used his eBay account to buy the game.

I think I'm going to just forget about it. This is becoming more trouble then it's worth. Shit happens I guess, now I know not to buy from HK sellers anymore. The game does work, just a few save game problems...

9. Lounge   -   #39
    No, thats normal you have to file a complaint through Paypal to get your money back.

Just go round his house login and file the complain and ask him to check up every few days. After making a complaint you don't have to do anything and you're almost certain to get you money back (Including postage cost) back and get to keep the crappy game.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Chances are I'll get a refund, and I'll get to keep the crappy game? Hmmm... I'm going to ask my friend about this...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast