Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LightScribe

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's as clocker says, or If your a sales rep you could put your products and a video of your companies history on a cd and finnish it of with a professional looking label with your ph # and e-mail.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    It's as clocker says, or If your a sales rep you could put your products and a video of your companies history on a cd and finnish it of with a professional looking label with your ph # and e-mail.
    That's true, but it actually costs very little to have your own labels applied to blank media. Small software companies I've dealt with in the past have often had pre-printed blank media, individually labelled with the disk contents, yet the number of copies of each disk would rarely reach 3 figures.

That being the case it seems a little pointless paying top dollar for special media, and ending up with a monochrome finish, when a multi-coloured alternative is available for probably less money. I take clocker's point about individual disks, though with disk printers now less than £30 including taxes I can't really see that there is much of a case.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    That's true, but it actually costs very little to have your own labels applied to blank media. Small software companies I've dealt with in the past have often had pre-printed blank media, individually labelled with the disk contents, yet the number of copies of each disk would rarely reach 3 figures.

That being the case it seems a little pointless paying top dollar for special media, and ending up with a monochrome finish, when a multi-coloured alternative is available for probably less money. I take clocker's point about individual disks, though with disk printers now less than £30 including taxes I can't really see that there is much of a case.
    i agree with you, if this was very cheap, would work pretty fast, and the media no more expensive, then id say sure, but its just too costly (time AND money) for the little you get........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by motov600
    the lightscribe writer is only out for cdr burns, no dvds yet

also i dont see the point when you can get a printable and just print your artwork work with a epson r200 in colour, you can get a spray now which gives it a satin look and feel.
    There is a Lightscribe DVD Burner out now, I saw it in Wal-Mart of all places for $100
    I have also heard that the next generation of lightscribe will have color I can only imagine how expensive that media will be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12