Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fatwa Issued

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    which happened because of foriegn policy

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    which happened because of foriegn policy
    Which foreign policy do you feel justified the 911 attacks.

I am genuinely interested.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    He didn't say that. He said it happened because of US foreign policy, something I agree with.

However, nothing can justify the murder of circa 3,000 civillians.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    "so what if the terrorism is under cover religious shit, it's still down to american foriegn policy."

That implies that the foreign policy was the reason for the attack. Therefore the justification for it.

If that is not the case then, as you say there was no justification for it.

I'll re-word. Which US foreign policy caused the 911 attacks.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    "so what if the terrorism is under cover religious shit, it's still down to american foriegn policy."

That implies that the foreign policy was the reason for the attack. Therefore the justification for it.
    Sorry mate, can't agree with your use of therefore in that context.

As I said, I also think foreign policy was the reason for the attack but by no means do I think it was justified.

As to the re-wording. I have no special insight but believe it would be to do with the US having military bases in the holy land. I believe this is something that Osama Bin Laden stated. Also their stance on Israel obviously rankles with the Arab world, somewhat.

This and their general interventionist nature are what I believe prompted 911.

It's no justification but I believe it's the most likely cause.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Think i'll take the word of a world renouned authority over yours J2

We know what the cause of Al Queda terrorism is..

We know that the USA trained same terrorists and sent them to fight the infidel Russians in Afganistan... shame they decided that they didnt like the infidel Americans in Saudi either.

We know the reason for Palestinian Terrorism, and that blatant favouritism in that conflict contributes to it.

We know that there were no suicide bombers in Iraq before the invasion, and now there are a lot more people dying there than there were prior to invasion.

We know that the coalition managed to kill more Iraqi's in 2 years than Hussain managed in the 10 years prior to the invasion.

We know that Al Queda, through the Kurds, were allies against Hussain and then went back to their own agenda of getting the US out of the Middle East following the invasion... while the Kurds went back to their own agenda of bombing Turkey.

We know that the Government of Iraq as stands is corrupt and disregards Human Rights (guess it is copying the US Model after all) and is now pretty friendly with Iran.

Tell me J2, because i just cant see it.... what good exactly, if anything, has come out of US policies?

Apart from the loss of US citizens freedoms and rights of course

Quote Originally Posted by J2K4
    Your faith in the U.N. and it's various international bodies (the I.C.C. springs to mind) has not, and never has been, borne out by events.
    And US policy has?

Frankly, i'm glad that this Government is being investigated by the ICC, and that some of our soldiers are being prosecuted under the ICC act.

It shows that we still live by Law...

Maybe it will also show some more Americans how much they are being hoodwinked, we live in hope.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-20-2005 at 10:25 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

As I said, I also think foreign policy was the reason for the attack but by no means do I think it was justified.

As to the re-wording. I have no special insight but believe it would be to do with the US having military bases in the holy land. I believe this is something that Osama Bin Laden stated. Also their stance on Israel obviously rankles with the Arab world, somewhat.

And then there's the wee matter of Bin laden being supported by the US in the past, back when he was a "freedom fighter", he prolly picked up oone or two things from that experience.

And, I suppose it could be argued, therefore, that he and his bum-chums wouldn't have had the means to do what they did, had it not been for past US foreign policies.

But, regardless of that, not matter if the reason for the attack was US foreign policy or not, the whole 9/11 thing was pretty damned mental, and not something that can be justified by blaming the aforementioned policies.

It is only a possible reason, and so forth, as you say.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-20-2005 at 10:05 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38

I can change it to ergo, but my point remains the same. Their reason was to achieve an end. Their justification was that the end justified the means. Therefore, logically the reason and the justification are the same thing.

It is all good and well to glibly post things like - "The reason for terrorist attacks on the USA is their foreign policy".

However in order for that statement to be valid one must surely go beyond the nebulous. One must be able to say which policy or policies resulted in the indiscriminate murder of c3,000 people. Otherwise it is little more than sabre rattling.

I say again, which US foreign policy was the reason (or justification) for the attack.
    Last edited by JPaul; 07-20-2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: removal of an extraneous t.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can change it to ergo, but my point remains the same. Their reason was to achieve an end. Their justification was that the end justified the means. Therefore, logically the reason and the justification are the same thing.

It is all good and well to glibly post things like - "The reason for terrorist attacks on the USA is their foreign policy".

However in order for that statement to be valid one must surely go beyond the nebulous. One must be able to say which policy or policies resulted in the indiscriminate murder of c3,000 people. Otherwise it is little more than sabre rattling.

I say again, which US foreign policy was the reason (or justification) for the attack.
    I'm sure they think they're justified in attacking the US.

However, you specifically asked "which foreign policy do you feel justified the 911 attacks" - this is why I disagreed with your use of therefore. I don't think it was justified.

I can state what they feel is justification for the attacks, which I've done, but I cannot state why I think it's justified because I do not.
    Last edited by manker; 07-20-2005 at 09:49 PM. Reason: What the feck happened, SnnY's and JP's posts swapped places :blink:

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY

And then there's the wee matter of Bin laden being supprted by the US in the past, back when he was a "freedom fighter", he prolly picked up oone or two things from that experience.

And, I suppose it could be argued, therefore, that he and his bum-chums wouldn't have had the means to do what they did, had it not been for past US foreign policies.

But, regardless of that, not matter if the reason for the attack was US foreign policy or not, the whole 9/11 thing was pretty damned mental, and not something that can be justified by blaming the aforementioned policies.

It is only a possible reason, and so forth, as you say.
    Quite.

I'm not saying it was justified, just that I believe US foreign policy is likely to be what the perpetrators consider provocation for the attack.

They (Al-Qaida or whoever orchestrated the mass murder) are clearly mentalists but reacted to what they preceive as an injustice toward their beliefs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast