Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just wanted to read my book tonight

missie's Avatar yeeehaw

I'm looking after me Ma's dog again, cos she is going to visit the queen tomorrow. I was just out the bath around 10:30pm, signed in here and was making a spliff when the dog decided he needed to piddle and started scratting at my chair.

I put a cardy over me pj's and some trainers on, thinking I'd only be out for a moment. Walked to the end of the street and back, but couldn't get back in the flat again. The top lock kept moving in it's barrel. Tried for around 15 minutes, then called the police, unsure of who else to call. They, btw, dont deal with young ladies and their dogs stranded outside in their pj's while the pubs are coming out. She said to try the fire brigade.

Wasn't sure what to do so I called my mate, who walked up and had a go himself. He couldn't shift it either, so we walked across to the local fire station. They let us sit in there while they decided what to do, I almost crapped meself when a siren went off. (Apparently this was to alert the firemen to come downstairs ) They asked if I had left anything electric on, which I replied yes. The pc was running. They told me to walk back here and wait, they would get the fire engine.

So I came home and sat on the doorstep. Only took them minutes to get around, cos I live across the road from them. One of 'em crawled through me spare room window, and let us in.

Worst part was trying to convince them I was who I said I was, and stupidly showed the worst pic of me ever.

Why does only really surreal stuff happen to me?
    Last edited by missie; 07-18-2005 at 11:51 PM.

I used to be a flier, now I ramble.
    Hey you kids, never suck all the juice out of a tractor.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    It is because you are special, missie. MISSIE? When did that happen?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    missie's Avatar yeeehaw
    I've just had firemen crawling around in my spare room and you wanna know about when I changed my name???

Last week I think, although I can't be certain.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Well, first things first!

Okay, now I will try to make you feel better.

I have a firehouse across from me, too. I used to write grants for them, paid their bills and managed their budget. At the end of the year they threw a big party and told all sorts of stories and gave prizes for the funniest, oddest, and craziest runs they had gone on. Great guys with even greater sense of humors that get them by somedays.

So think of it as the worst thing that can happen is they now have a new story to tell!

Uh.....did that help?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by missie
    I've just had firemen crawling around in my spare room

BTW, that was all God punishing you for reading this witchcraft-promoting filth.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Im suprised they didnt find ur spliff

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    shhhhh, some of us are trying to sleep!
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

8. Lounge   -   #8
    missie's Avatar yeeehaw
    I seen him looking at me rolling tray, but the spliff was elsewhere.

The lock appears to be just coming loose.
    Have tightened it up a bit with a screwdriver, but am still gonna get me Pa to look at it properly. In the meantime, I'm not gonna chance using my toplock, just incase I get stuck again.

I'm going down the shops in a moment, so if anything goes missing, you lot shall be blamed.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by missie
    I've just had firemen crawling around in my spare room and you wanna know about when I changed my name???

Last week I think, although I can't be certain.
    Exactly.

Lilmiss would have had them in her own room, with the doors and windows locked so they couldnt escape

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #10
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    .....the bit i don't get is why is your ma's dog going to visit the queen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast