Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it time?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    No. I don't think Billy should be banned.

Having him back was pretty funny and added some life into the Drawing Room - which until that point was mainly boring me to tears.

I don't particularly like Billy but that doesn't mean that I reckon he should have a lifelong ban. He can't hurt anyone by posting here so why the harshity.

I accept that sometimes the popular opinion is that someone should get banned for life. However, I don't agree with it - no matter who it is.

Similarly I don't expect everyone to share my opinion, so ... do what you gotta.
    Normally I would agree with you. However my opinion is that he is a really nasty piece of work. Not in the "terrorism is great" get a reaction mould.

He told us that he was a subscriber to the Executive Intelligence Review (a subscriber mind, not just reader). Having read some stuff written by and about Mr LaRouche he is a very unsavoury character. His views are somewhat singular. His youth movement is very concerning. His recruitment tactics are highly suspect. He is in fact a mentalist cult leader. You can find this out yourself easy enough. It's actually a rather interesting exercise.

Billy himself has posted what I consider to be anti-semitic filth, on his own forum. He doesn't do it here because he wouldn't get away with it. However he does post it. Please also bear in mind that you can and do laugh at him, he is no more than a source of fun to you. However others may not be able to do that.

The bottom line is that he is banned and that he has further broken the rules by circumventing that ban.

Enforce the ban, or not, it's a matter for the people who run this board. Your board, your rules to enforce or remove as you see fit. However it would be sad to see other people banned for life and him being allowed back in, just becuase he is such a troll.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I do, of course, see that point.

I'm posting rather selfishly and not considering the feelings of the board as a whole. Mainly because it's not required of me. I do get entertainment from Billy's presence and often laugh at what gets posted, nothing he's writen has offended me. In fact something posted by Bawa in the drawing room offended me last week but I still don't wish him to be banned.

It's just the way I look at things.

The bottom line for me is that I knew other people who'd circumvented a ban and I wanted them reinstated to the forum. To say I wish Billy's ban be enforced would be a bit hypocritical of me, I think.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

I'm posting rather selfishly and not considering the feelings of the board as a whole. Mainly because it's not required of me. I do get entertainment from Billy's presence and often laugh at what gets posted, nothing he's writen has offended me. In fact something posted by Bawa in the drawing room offended me last week but I still don't wish him to be banned.

The bottom line for me is that I knew other people who'd circumvented a ban and I wanted them reinstated to the forum. To say I wish Billy's ban be enforced would be a bit hypocritical of me, I think.
    I don't have access to the same information as the team does or anything, but I think it's fairly safe to say that we've never wanted anyone reinstated who has behaved so badly, for such a long period.

We aren't talking circumventing a ban once here, we are talking about a pattern of circumventions and, if I may say so, insanity that never stops, and has gone on for quite some time.

Having said that, if we are going to keep him on, for whatever reason, let him serve as a warning example for new members.

"This is what you don't do"
    or
    "This is what you'll end up doing if you screw up your life and take refuge on the internet rather than dealing with your issues"

If you feel you might be going Billy Dean, people, then get help before you lose all concept of what's real and what's not.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    well i like regular maulings, he keeps our gums healthy

5. Lounge   -   #45

Like I said I see your point and for the most part agree, there is little I would want people banned for. Particularly when we remember the age of a lot of the chaps here. As you know a lot of it is for effect, or regurgitating opinions they have heard. Feck we've both (sadly) been her long enough to actually see people growing up.

A fully formed anti-semite, who believes himself to be 100% correct and does not deal in compromise. Who deliberately posts in immotive terms and noises people up. Who may actually be influencing people who read, but don't post much. Especially if their home environment is of the same view, or who have little in the way of role models.

To me that is a concern, particularly allied with other aspects, as previously reported. I suspect you think I may be over analyzing this, but it is a genuine concern.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Also he's a tit.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Also he's a tit.
    Small, yet important detail.

Spoiler: Show

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Also he's a tit.
    Small, yet important detail.

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that.

Please feel free to download it and use it if you need to.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    doesn't seeing him get kicked around like a football teach these kids anything?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can't disagree with the reasoning of anyone who believes that he should remain banned.

However, the rules aren't set in stone and I come here to be entertained. More people = more entertainment for me, Billy included.

If all the mentalists stopped using the interweb, I'd be gutted
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast