Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge Increase In Songs With Beep Or Fades.

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by N£MO+12 April 2003 - 11:10--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 12 April 2003 - 11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jibbler@12 April 2003 - 01:49

I share some files with beeps, only until the official "retail" release comes out. Then again, I still purchase CDs, because I feel the artists deserve our support.&nbsp; B)
    Man you got to stop sharing those songs with beeps in as your contributing to these corrupt files spreading.
    [/b][/quote]
    Due to anti-piracy changes in the industry, most advance copies have beeps or recording messages during playback. This is how they are released, it has nothing to do with me. The final retail version is what you want, as it will have no beeps, and it will be the same as the one you purchase in a store. The "retail" rips seem to come only a few days before the store release due to new security. B)

If you want to know what is released everyday in the mp3 scene, go here.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    Yes i know what your saying but by keeping the crap files and sharing them your doing a good job for the RIAA.
    I havnt had any problems with beeps for a long time now and have had advanced copies lately that i got from other sources(not kazaa)and these were real genuine albums.On soulseek these albums were all real but on kazaa all fakes.
    This says one thing to me DONT bother wasting your bandwidth downloading music from kazaa.I dont just rely on soulseek i use newservers and irc sometimes and have a couple of friends with ftp servers that i can raid from time to time...

Nice link to that mp3 site too,thanks

3. Music   -   #13
    I don&#39;t download music from kazaa, I&#39;m upload only. I get my music from IRC as soon as it&#39;s released. I just like sharing with all you. B) B)
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #14
    ok a few points.

1. I had already joined the soulseek room before you posted ToddM, and the international internet abbreviation for "joking" was j/k the last time i checked.
    about soulseek, i&#39;ll consider it. paranoid though it could be the biggest sting in filesharing history. j/k&nbsp;
    ^^me
    What are talking about? You&#39;re using Kazaa already, the only difference is that with SoulSeek, you&#39;re going to get nothing but quality, full albums.
    ^^ you

i was joking man, that was my point in case it ain&#39;t clear.

2. To BigDawgFoxx - i use MusicMatch to change from high bitrates to 128kbps as this quality serves the purpose well for me, and keeps my 40GB hard drive reasonably free. There is a Convert FIles... option in the File dropdown menu. Like Jibbler said though, no point in using it to increase from say 128 to 192 and this will do nothing for the sound quality and only result in a file 50% larger.

On the SoulSeek topic - it is really good, and i am glad i joined the room.

cya

5. Music   -   #15
    Originally posted by the_faceman@12 April 2003 - 13:56
    ok a few points.

1. I had already joined the soulseek room before you posted ToddM, and the international internet abbreviation for "joking" was j/k the last time i checked.
    I believe its "just kidding"
    Proud member of MDS

6. Music   -   #16
    piolet is a pretty good program. considerably less files w/ beeps and stuff. www.piolet.com

7. Music   -   #17
    I believe its "just kidding"&nbsp; &nbsp;
    I believe you are correct . i was tired and still hungover when i wrote that. the meaning is the same. i&#39;m still an idiot though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12