Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Increase In Songs With Beep Or Fades.

I was downloading from a guy with the username steve50@KaZaA, he had a very fast connection, and every song had beeps in them. It's obviously how "The Man" is flooding kazaa and other p2p's with fakes, the titles are all correct and well organised and so easy to find, and the speeds i was getting were amazing. I just wish people would delete them when they realise they are spoiled.

Although, that said, it doesn't bother me, because i only want to see if the songs are any good then i delete those mp3's within 24 hours before i rush out to buy the album

Does anyone else agree there seems to be a surge in the number of fakes?

And please - no suggestions to join the soulseek thing, i considered it, but my collection is ripped at 128kbps and most of the posts i've seen talking about it say you guys want 192kbps at least. Even songs i get at higher bitrates i convert to 128kbps to compromise on quality and space, i know there is a difference in quality, and sometimes it is noticeable, but you'd be lying to yourself if you think stuff at 128 sounds terrible. i'm not that bothered, what matters to me is the quality of the music itself, not the quality of the recording, as long as it's decent - AND WITHOUT BEEPS AND FADES!!!!!

have fun kids

2. Music   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Most of the "new" CDs that are being released are called Advance copies. Advance is a term used in mp3 world and it means the songs came from an advance copy, a pre-release. These CDs have all the songs, but will usually have beeps, or messages that say "property of mca" or whatever.. Roadrunner (the ISP) is now a production company, and every song they release has a long drop in before the songs starts. If you don't like the quality, wait for a retail rip. The retail version has no beeps or anything else. However due to security in the industry, the retail rips aren't coming out that early, sometimes only a few days before the official release.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@11 April 2003 - 15:31
    I was downloading from a guy with the username steve50@KaZaA, he had a very fast connection, and every song had beeps in them. It's obviously how "The Man" is flooding kazaa and other p2p's with fakes, the titles are all correct and well organised and so easy to find, and the speeds i was getting were amazing. I just wish people would delete them when they realise they are spoiled.

Although, that said, it doesn't bother me, because i only want to see if the songs are any good then i delete those mp3's within 24 hours before i rush out to buy the album

Does anyone else agree there seems to be a surge in the number of fakes?

And please - no suggestions to join the soulseek thing, i considered it, but my collection is ripped at 128kbps and most of the posts i've seen talking about it say you guys want 192kbps at least. Even songs i get at higher bitrates i convert to 128kbps to compromise on quality and space, i know there is a difference in quality, and sometimes it is noticeable, but you'd be lying to yourself if you think stuff at 128 sounds terrible. i'm not that bothered, what matters to me is the quality of the music itself, not the quality of the recording, as long as it's decent - AND WITHOUT BEEPS AND FADES!!!!!

have fun kids
    The reason your getting good speeds is because the songs are fakes.
    I dont use kazaa for music anymore as fed up with fakes and same old albumwraps and songs.Soulseek is the way to go for music,dont worry if all your music is already ripped at 128kbps its not that much of a problem.I'd share music with you so give it a go.

4. Music   -   #4
    i know that's why i was getting good speeds. and i know that the beeps come from advance copies etc. my point was that this guy had about 80 full albums, and i tested various songs and they all had beeps, it's a deliberate attempt (and it works to a certain degree) to flood the network with crap files. The main problem comes from the people that continue to share the file rather than delete it.

about soulseek, i'll consider it. paranoid though it could be the biggest sting in filesharing history. j/k

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    about soulseek, i'll consider it. paranoid though  it could be the biggest sting in filesharing history. j/k 
    What are talking about? You're using Kazaa already, the only difference is that with SoulSeek, you're going to get nothing but quality, full albums.

I'm sorry, the_faceman - but I don't accept that excuse. Until you have at least joined us in the KLF Musicworld room at SoulSeek, you really have no acceptable excuses. Not trying to be harsh here, and no disrespect inetended, but at least chech it out. You will not be dissapointed.

Go HERE for everything you need to join us.

Hope to see you (and MANY others) there.

6. Music   -   #6
    I have joined the room at soulseek. The program is very hard to configure, and no one was helpful in the room. I'm not saying that this happens all the time, but I hardly see any reason to recommend sending people there. This is just my opinion, other users love it.

I share some files with beeps, only until the official "retail" release comes out. Then again, I still purchase CDs, because I feel the artists deserve our support. B)
    Proud member of MDS

7. Music   -   #7
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    download at 192...thats all i have to say.. AND HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE BIT RATE ON FILES AFTER YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THEM??
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@11 April 2003 - 19:55
    download at 192...thats all i have to say.. AND HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE BIT RATE ON FILES AFTER YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THEM??
    Why would you want to? It doesn't improve the quality.
    Proud member of MDS

9. Music   -   #9
    ugh... beeps.... i tried d/ling cds manually when they wern't finding sources with verifieds... and 3 out of every 2 files (yes i know) were full of beeps.

first of all... who keeps songs with beeps? are we the only people who cant stand it?

i'm not willing to waste my bandwidth sharing fake songs!!! anything you download off me is real... or else someone is using my name!

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@12 April 2003 - 01:49
    I have joined the room at soulseek.  The program is very hard to configure, and no one was helpful in the room.  I'm not saying that this happens all the time, but I hardly see any reason to recommend sending people there.  This is just my opinion, other users love it. 

I share some files with beeps, only until the official "retail" release comes out.  Then again, I still purchase CDs, because I feel the artists deserve our support.  B)
    Man you got to stop sharing those songs with beeps in as your contributing to these corrupt files spreading.
    If you want to PM me before you go to Soulseek i will talk you through the set up,i have done this with some members already so its no worries.

pyromonkey Posted on 12 April 2003 - 16:37
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ugh... beeps.... i tried d/ling cds manually when they wern't finding sources with verifieds... and 3 out of every 2 files (yes i know) were full of beeps.

first of all... who keeps songs with beeps? are we the only people who cant stand it?

i'm not willing to waste my bandwidth sharing fake songs!!! anything you download off me is real... or else someone is using my name!
    Its the RIAA and other anti piracy wa**ers flooding the fasttrack network with fake files in an effort to waste our bandwidth and put us off kazaa.I'm not going to harp on about it but i have been in the soulseek room since it was started and i havnt had any fake music files at all,not one.So if you do want music and lots of it,real files no beeps,then stock up and trade with us in soulseek.

Also,i have been running peer guardian all the time since day one and get alot of attempts from RIAA and other groups when i use kazaa BUT in soulseek not one.... So stick one up the RIAA and get real music....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast