Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Share ratio

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12

Question Mark

What is a decent share ratio? I have read that it should be like 1 and a half...

I want to join a private tracker so making sure my share ratios are good would be a good start...

I have just reformatted my pc hence i have bad share ratios at the moment but i leave them going near on 24/7

Cheers, 3lions

2. Lounge   -   #2
    btw...i have had d/l speeds of over 200 kb/s and upload of around 80k/bs if that is any help...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Retired
    please edit your post when you forgot something.

a good share ratio is 1.0 or better
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-24-2005 at 08:51 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions00
    What is a decent share ratio? I have read that it should be like 1 and a half...

I want to join a private tracker so making sure my share ratios are good would be a good start...

I have just reformatted my pc hence i have bad share ratios at the moment but i leave them going near on 24/7

Cheers, 3lions
    When you join a private tracker, your share ratio will be set to zero. The only thing that will affect your share ratio with that private tracker will be what you seed and leech from that private tracker.

Any other uploading and downloading you from other trackers - whether public or private - won't affect your ratio with that tracker.

What I'm getitng at is that formatting your PC won't make any difference to your share ratio for a private tracker because that info is held on their servers.

As IKE said, a good ratio is around one. With your upload you shouldn't have any problems with that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IKE, i did not break any rules there. Either give advice or just leave me to it. i am fed up of you continually telling me what to do. you did this last week so stop trying to push your weight around and leave me alone. Thank you

You will no doubt delete this on the grounds that it is not in the right place so please move it as opposed to deleting it.
    Last edited by threelions00; 07-24-2005 at 09:56 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Retired
    IKE, i did not break any rules there. Either give advice or just leave me to it. i am fed up of you continually telling me what to do. you did this last week so stop trying to push your weight around and leave me alone. Thank you
    You dont need to post another reply when you forgot something, you can easely edit your first post.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-24-2005 at 09:57 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    which is my choice whether i edit or submit a new post.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    your "share ratio" used by the tracker isn't stored locally, so reformatting won't reset it.

edit sorry if manker covered this, i have him on ignore
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-24-2005 at 10:14 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Cheers, 3lions
    When you join a private tracker, your share ratio will be set to zero. The only thing that will affect your share ratio with that private tracker will be what you seed and leech from that private tracker.

Any other uploading and downloading you from other trackers - whether public or private - won't affect your ratio with that tracker.

What I'm getitng at is that formatting your PC won't make any difference to your share ratio for a private tracker because that info is held on their servers.

As IKE said, a good ratio is around one. With your upload you shouldn't have any problems with that.

That's what manker said but thanks to you both for the help...

just have to wait for some invites or something....

btw...i have only just got back on the net and wiped everything clean and wasn't a member of any trackers which is why i was not sure about share ratios...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    having a good ratio on a couple torrents, when your overall total ratio is around 0.100 makes you a bad guy, not worthy of getting invites

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast