Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: death sentence in the uk?

could you sign the paper/push button/do the deed of putting them to death?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    could you sign the paper/push button/do the deed of putting them to death?
    Yes.

If one believes in something such as the death penalty then one must be willing to stand by those beliefs.
    Take in though that although I support the death penalty I do believe that it should only be an option where there is no doubt whatsoever. Beyond a reasonable doubt is not good enough.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    @vidcc - ironical to your last reply is ofcourse that you posses a shark as your signature..killer guilty of no doubt whatsoever.

in the spur of anger i could probably indulge in my revenge anger for justice sake
    (no i didnt take this from a movie (i think/hope..)
    but once conciousness is back what greater punishment is there than to be put in a cell for the rest of your life - the mind is all you have.
    problem is that humans adapt - adapting to a cell life is possible which then becomes normal life... which ofcourse is unjustifiable to the victims of the pain.
    death sentence should be at the moment of criminality not when he/she is "normal" conciounse non killer mode. (although it would enhance awarness of "mortality")

Awarness of what you are missing or have missed due to your "action" could be a form of treatment in a sick calvinist guilt way- implement this in prisons and the victims might get some justice...

a friend (psycologist) of mine's job is to analyze whether criminals in prisons who are on the verge of committing suicide - interesting job - lots of stories.

where is/ how can you /how much justice is enough for the action?

impossible

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    @vidcc - ironical to your last reply is ofcourse that you posses a shark as your signature..killer guilty of no doubt whatsoever.
    Can you tell me how you equate a shark to murder carried out by humans?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    exactly

is there such a thing as "natural born killers"?
    at the moment it seems that the naive, believe islam is ment for that purpose (damn tabloids)
    humans do kill for food - everyday & ALOT
    but not cannibalism..
    humans kill humans for Reason (whatever definition their "reason" may have)

is not HomoSapians prime difference the ability to think?

then the difference between a shark and a human is very similar - sharks kill for a function - humans kill for "reasonable" function.

do sharks kill sharks? i don't know i doubt it
    hence my little theory is obsolete
    Last edited by 99%; 07-30-2005 at 01:46 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    vidcc is full of shit. he couldn't execute someone, he just thinks it justifies his stupid arguement

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    vidcc is full of shit. he couldn't execute someone, he just thinks it justifies his stupid arguement

As you have no idea who I am or my past how can you say that.

Some people don't deserve to live. the difference between myself and a vigilante is that I would only do it by legal process with fair trial.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #118
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

Some people don't deserve to live. the difference between myself and a vigilante is that I would only do it by legal process with fair trial.
    I agree Vid. When there is absolutely no doubt, then the death penalty should be carried out.

@ 99% The difference between human beings and sharks, other than the obvious ones, is that some 'human' beings kill other human beings for fun, profit, plain cruelty and various other reasons. Sharks kill for food. There may still be a few humans that kill other humans for food, but they are few and far between.

P.s. when killing on vigilante and sudden revenge rampages , mistakes can be made.
    Last edited by bigboab; 07-30-2005 at 05:46 AM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #119
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

I agree Vid. When there is absolutely no doubt,
    When could you say that there was "absolutely no doubt". The person saying "I didn't do" it raises a doubt. That's the whole point of the word "reasonable" being used.

If you bring it back when there is "absolutely no doubt" then it will never happen. Short of the Jury all being eye witnesses, in addition to all the other evidence.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #120
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    If you bring it back when there is "absolutely no doubt" then it will never happen. Short of the Jury all being eye witnesses, in addition to all the other evidence.
    There are plenty of cases of "Absolutely no doubt". Confessions, eyewitnesses known to the offender, video footage, etc.. Some offenders have even asked to be executed. Plenty of inmates have admitted their guilt, many have apologised before being executed.
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast