Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: death sentence in the uk?

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    2) if you succeed you kill yourself and others and be a martyr
    if you fail you spend as long as you would naturally live, humiliated as a typical prisoner along with rapists and theives. by the time you die you have fallen from public interest. you, your collaborators and sympathisers have now forgotten about the romanticism of your martyrdom
    In the example you give I can think of nothing more poetic as punishment to this sort of criminal. Having said Harold Shipman and Fred West aren't that much alive these days...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    2) if you succeed you kill yourself and others and be a martyr
    if you fail you spend as long as you would naturally live, humiliated as a typical prisoner along with rapists and theives. by the time you die you have fallen from public interest. you, your collaborators and sympathisers have now forgotten about the romanticism of your martyrdom
    In the example you give I can think of nothing more poetic as punishment to this sort of criminal. Having said Harold Shipman and Fred West aren't that much alive these days...
    i bet they always knew they were taking the cowards way out too

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Dropping them off in a place where they can commit ritual suicide with relative ease and among their kith seems a rather benevolent method with which to deal with these folk.

Kinda like saying "Ah well, you fecked up your suicide last time - we'll take you to a place where even the stupidest amongst you simply cannot fail'
    Just so, but if proof of their ritual suicide never gets off the island, their fundamentalist brethren would perhaps wonder...

My gut tells me also that ritual suicide amongst a batch of like-minded people would somehow lose it's aspect, don't you think?

There's a certain undesirable but pervasive "sameness" to that particular rite.

It also nicely fits that old nugget that goes something like: "If a tree falls in the forest..."

That has special appeal for me.
    I guess it wouldn't cover them in glory among their stock as much as if they succeeded in the first place but it's still some way better than living to old age among infidel wastrels.

It's one thing not having proof of this ritual suicide but another entirely to have indubitable proof to the contrary. I think I know which of these two methods of punishment a failed suicide bomber would choose.

It struck me as you going easy on a perpetrator of a heinous crime, which isn't like you at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Oh, fuck it...let's just adopt the old Soviet method of "disappearing" people; that way we can torture and interrogate them, and do with them as we please-perhaps auction them off cheaply for use as pinatas on the birthdays of the children of Christian/infidel nations, and post the footage on the net?

Sounds like the ticket to me....
    Now that's more like it

Cheap pinatas for infidel children
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain

true. I think they should (if they can) find the families and friends. And interrogate them, if they don't comply, execute them. I believe what manors and behaviour a person acquires partially comes from childhood, family and friends.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    @j2 - It is interesting that since guns have been banned in the UK, there has been a rise in home invasions. Who'd have thunk it?
    eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4700575.stm

Burglaries have gone DOWN 20% in the last year, and car crime has also dropped by 17%.

It's violent crime and gun crime that have increased, by 7% and 6% respectively.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach

true. I think they should (if they can) find the families and friends. And interrogate them, if they don't comply, execute them.
    Don't be ridiculous.

Btw, if you're going to spam eight threads in five minutes with meaningless drivel to get your post count up, do it in GamesWorld.

You might get moderated but at least I won't have to read it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    @j2 - It is interesting that since guns have been banned in the UK, there has been a rise in home invasions. Who'd have thunk it?
    eh?

Burglaries have gone DOWN 20% in the last year, and car crime has also dropped by 17%.

It's violent crime and gun crime that have increased, by 7% and 6% respectively.
    Maybe you can google home invasions.

How is your gun crime up anyway when handguns are banned?

I usually hear something like better reporting.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa

eh?

That's only in the last year, handguns have been banned for many years - so it's got nothing to do with it.

What's with telling everyone to google. I thought you were against that sort of thing. Besides, you should provide some reliable stats for us.

At the moment, everyone thinks you're talking out of your arse.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I just did, thanks for that, and I stand by my statement. Which source did you get your stats from then?

Hmmm, I guess that's something for YOU to "google"...

Also, I don't think it is better reporting, gun-crime has always been well reported, because it is still so relatively uncommon in this country.

Hey, here's some actual facts for you!

Firearms offences rose 6% in the official figures to just under 11,000, in which 73 people were killed, five more than the previous year.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

That's only in the last year, handguns have been banned for many years - so it's got nothing to do with it.

What's with telling everyone to google. I thought you were against that sort of thing. Besides, you should provide some reliable stats for us.

At the moment, everyone thinks you're talking out of your arse.
    Stats are stats and I see burglaries were googled and I'm taking it that those stats are correct as reported by your Home Office via BCS/recorded crime.

So you win.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast