Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent shooting

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Fuck off.

You said about the London bombings:

If their sole reasoning was to kill people, they could have chosen a different target

Is it unreasonable for me to assume from your initial post that you meant if the 911 bombers' sole reasoning to kill people, they could have chosen a different time.

You also went on to say that there was no reason that they couldn't have done it later in the day - again, I reasonably assumed that you meant that they chose to do it earlier so as to spare civillian lives.

Now, I'm trying to ascertain if, indeed, you did mean just that.

Fuck off yourself.

In regards to what I posted, I have no idea why the terrorists that attacked NY and Washington DC chose the time they did, but their attack was not only against civiallians, but against our financial center. While I would maintain that a terrorists ways of thinking, trying to terrorize people so they can have their way is totally stupid, the planning behind such an event is hardly such, and there is no way you'll make me beleive they didn't know that atleast 100,000 people worked in the Twin Towers alone.
    Do I think they meant to spare people ? no fucking way. However there was more to their agenda.

Military Response ? are you joking ?? You think the time of day would effect that ? I just was in Washington DC July 4th weekend, Flights are around the clock at Andrews Air Force Base, as they are in most bases.

Airport security ? There was very little security until after 911

plane time table and fuel.... As I said there are many flights from the East Coast to the West Coast, and they all would have been loaded with fuel, which is precisely why they chose those flights. So while I have no answer to why they chose their time table, neither do you. I do know if I only wanted to kill people alone, without any other factor, you had better keep an eye on your water supply.
    Those were examples I put forward, to try to illustrate other factors involved. Of course there are more but I don't know them as I've never planned such an attack.

Now, I'm not trying to have you believe that the terrorists didn't know that there was 100,000 people working there - quite the opposite, of course they knew.

You've posted your opinion that the time of the attack would make no difference logistically, at least you've refuted my points.

So, they knew that attacking in the afternoon would cause circa 30,000 deaths and they knew attacking in the morning would cause circa 3000 deaths. You knew this too.

Everything else is constant - the damage to buildings in the area, the symbolism of the attack on the WTC/Pentagon, the disruption to the Economy, the implications for the stock market.

The only difference attacking later in the day, according to you, would be that more people would die.

If you're saying that both attacks are logistically congruent, then you're implying that they chose the earlier time simply because less people would be killed.

That's why I pushed the point. I wanted to know if that's what you thought.

However, you then posted this:

"Do I think they meant to spare people ? no fucking way"

So wtf do you believe

Either you think I'm right and that there is a logistical reason for the earlier attack or you think that the terrorists deliberately set out to end 'only' 3,000 lives rather than 30,000 lives.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Manker
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by RioDeLeo

I'm sorry for being simplistic but it's always sad to hear someone lost their life needlessly. But what was the fellow thinking ?

Running from the police ,being a black person, with a heavy padded coat in warm weather with wires hanging out of the pockets ? Electrician or not but it does sound wierd no ? Sorry but your responce belongs in the lounge ,

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

Fuck off yourself.

In regards to what I posted, I have no idea why the terrorists that attacked NY and Washington DC chose the time they did, but their attack was not only against civiallians, but against our financial center. While I would maintain that a terrorists ways of thinking, trying to terrorize people so they can have their way is totally stupid, the planning behind such an event is hardly such, and there is no way you'll make me beleive they didn't know that atleast 100,000 people worked in the Twin Towers alone.
    Do I think they meant to spare people ? no fucking way. However there was more to their agenda.

Military Response ? are you joking ?? You think the time of day would effect that ? I just was in Washington DC July 4th weekend, Flights are around the clock at Andrews Air Force Base, as they are in most bases.

plane time table and fuel.... As I said there are many flights from the East Coast to the West Coast, and they all would have been loaded with fuel, which is precisely why they chose those flights. So while I have no answer to why they chose their time table, neither do you. I do know if I only wanted to kill people alone, without any other factor, you had better keep an eye on your water supply.
    Those were examples I put forward, to try to illustrate other factors involved. Of course there are more but I don't know them as I've never planned such an attack.

Now, I'm not trying to have you believe that the terrorists didn't know that there was 100,000 people working there - quite the opposite, of course they knew.

You've posted your opinion that the time of the attack would make no difference logistically, at least you've refuted my points.

So, they knew that attacking in the afternoon would cause circa 30,000 deaths and they knew attacking in the morning would cause circa 3000 deaths. You knew this too.

Everything else is constant - the damage to buildings in the area, the symbolism of the attack on the WTC/Pentagon, the disruption to the Economy, the implications for the stock market.

The only difference attacking later in the day, according to you, would be that more people would die.

If you're saying that both attacks are logistically congruent, then you're implying that they chose the earlier time simply because less people would be killed.

So wtf do you believe

Either you think I'm right and that there is a logistical reason for the earlier attack or you think that the terrorists deliberately set out to end 'only' 3,000 lives rather than 30,000 lives.
    3000 lives live on tv is worth a million at the other side of the world. remember the article i linked you? 10000 lives and you didn't even know about it.

maybe that's what he means

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    This makes more sense to me. The same was true with what happened in NY September 11th. Yes, lots of lives were lost, but it could have been much more worse if those buildings had been hit later in the afternoon. instead of over 3,000, it could have been more than 30,000
    I thought it was the case that if the towers had fallen straight away, without that long delay, the death toll would have been 10,000+ ?

I think this would be true if the attacks had been at any time between about 9 am and 5 pm..

Don't discount the magnificent job the rescuers did in clearing those towers as quickly as possible, many of them losing their lives in the process.

The towers would always have been a number one target for terrorists; a combination of the number of people working there, the fact that it was in the heart of the financial district, and their prominence on the skyline. I still can't look at a picture of Manhattan now without noticing what is missing.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Running from the police ,being a black person, with a heavy padded coat in warm weather with wires hanging out of the pockets ? Electrician or not but it does sound wierd no ? Sorry but your responce belongs in the lounge ,
    I say again this man was not black

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Fuck off yourself.

So wtf do you believe

You sure are arguing nothing.

If the terrorists attacked at fucking 10am and he remarks that if they attacked at 5pm it would have been worse, it doesn't mean "man they spared more lives by doing it earlier."

It means if they'd did it later simply more people would have been fucked up.
    That is all. I don't know how you are reading anything else into it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

He's about as black as I am

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

He's about as black as I am
    Especially with all that sun on him.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I don't understand.

The sun makes him look lighter you mean? I have seen different pictures of him on the news and in the papers and he still looks the same colour as me

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast