Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent shooting

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Cops were plain clothed too. Another monkey wrench.

I guess it was like, "Who the fuck are they?"
    Yeah, that's how I see it too.

Also, the police followed him from his front door, when he took a 15 minute bus journey and on his walk to the tube station.

If the mis-information about terrorist links plus the coat was making them worry - why did they let him get to the tube station before they told him to stop
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i don't think the police officers are to blame, but the people who suggested they go plain clothes and the people said this guy was suspected terrorist with seemingly no evidence to back this

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    It's very difficult to answer this. However if pushed I have to say tragic loss of life, but with the current climate it's hard to say that the Police should have reacted differently. Particularly if they followed all the relevant protocols.

If they had intelligence that he was associated to terrorism and they identified themselves, but he ran away, onto a tube train I don't see what else they could have done. re the many bullets to the head, I believe the idea is that unless they are certain he is dead then he still presents a risk to the public. In such a situation "shoot to kill" is the only option. (When dealing with terrorists the SAS never take prisoners)

Had they not fired and he had exploded a bomb, killing more members of the public they would have been damned even more.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Cops were plain clothed too. Another monkey wrench.

I guess it was like, "Who the fuck are they?"
    Yeah, that's how I see it too.

Also, the police followed him from his front door, when he took a 15 minute bus journey and on his walk to the tube station.

If the mis-information about terrorist links plus the coat was making them worry - why did they let him get to the tube station before they told him to stop
    Now THAT'S fucking stupid. When it comes down to it, the officers (or decision makers) actually endangered lives.

OMG I'm flip-flopping!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    It's very difficult to answer this. However if pushed I have to say tragic loss of life, but with the current climate it's hard to say that the Police should have reacted differently. Particularly if they followed all the relevant protocols.

If they had intelligence that he was associated to terrorism and they identified themselves, but he ran away, onto a tube train I don't see what else they could have done. re the many bullets to the head, I believe the idea is that unless they are certain he is dead then he still presents a risk to the public. In such a situation "shoot to kill" is the only option. (When dealing with terrorists the SAS never take prisoners)

Had they not fired and he had exploded a bomb, killing more members of the public they would have been damned even more.
    Why would they not stop him before getting to the train station then?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!

I really don't know but wearing a big coat in summer isn't so unusual as to warrant being the deciding factor to end a person's life.
    I have to agree with that 100%, like I said, some people wear them for fasion all year round.
    And to answer you BM, in my area on that day it was about 18-20c.

This whole plain clothed thing has thrown me, I did'nt know that.

Did they try to arrest him first? was he aware they were police?
    Had they aproached him showing him ID?

Jonno

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Why would they not stop him before getting to the train station then?
    I don't know

1: Jean Charles de Menezes leaves a house under surveillance and arrives at Stockwell station
    2: Witnesses say he vaults the automatic ticket barriers and heads for the platforms
    3: He then ran down an escalator after being approached by up to 20 plain-clothed police officers and tried to board a train
    4: He apparently refuses to obey police instructions and after running onto a northbound Northern line train, he is shot dead.

EDIT - Sorry Source
    Last edited by JPaul; 07-24-2005 at 08:51 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    as far as i know they pulled a gun on him and shouted for him to get down. he legged it and tripped up. where they shot him.

whatever the story is. it's a good way of getting us all to listen to the cops

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene

I really don't know but wearing a big coat in summer isn't so unusual as to warrant being the deciding factor to end a person's life.
    I have to agree with that 100%, like I said, some people wear them for fasion all year round.
    And to answer you BM, in my area on that day it was about 18-20c.
    If he was Brasilian or something, and thus used to somewhat higher temperatures, wearing the coat made perfect sense.

WRT the rest, I say it was a victory for the terrorists, not a big one tho', but I bet they'd be happy with having caused this.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I say it was justified.

I'd not be too upset if there was more

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast