Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    win. 3.1
    win. 95
    win. 98
    win. 2000
    win. XP
    win. ???? wATS is goin to be the next windows i heard its coming out soon but wats it called??!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    longhorn

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Windows Server 2003. It's mostly XP but for people running Servers. After that is Codenamed Longhorn, which won't come out until 2005. After that is Codenamed Blackcomb. Not much is known about that since no builds have been leaked yet. All screenshots of Blackcomb are FAKE, so flame them for posting those.

PS. You forgot Windows NT on your list.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    also forgot windows 1.0

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    dont forget windows ME thats what i have )might get xp corp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Even Microsoft wants to forget ME!
    Thats what i'm running only because my comp runs a little sluggish under XP.
    XP Corp is pretty fat.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    Longhorn & Blackcomb is the smae thing........it was origanally going to be called Blackcomb but was changed to Longhorn.
    Blckcomb is the name of a ski resort In British Columbia Canada and Longhorn is the name of the pub at the bottom of the slopes! B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Kokanee@11 April 2003 - 20:37
    Longhorn & Blackcomb is the smae thing........it was origanally going to be called Blackcomb but was changed to Longhorn.
    Blckcomb is the name of a ski resort In British Columbia Canada and Longhorn is the name of the pub at the bottom of the slopes! B)
    No, they are both completely different. Blackcomb is .NET 6.0 (I think), and Longhorn is going to be the successor of XP.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    my wrong..........found some answers.......
    Longhorn Info  The existence of Longhorn was first revealed by Windows product manager Tom Laemmel, who I met July 17, 2001 during an XP press tour. Laemmel spilled the beans to eWeek a few days later, and Microsoft executive vice president Jim Allchin verified that a new interim release, Longhorn, would ship before Blackcomb. Since then, information about Longhorn has appeared in Microsoft and Department of Justice (DOJ) legal filings related to the Microsoft antitrust case. It's real, and now it's common knowledge. In late 2002, however, Microsoft decided to make Longhorn a desktop-only release, so Blackcomb will be the next Windows Server upgrade. Details on Blackcomb, obviously, are sketchy at this point. As the company told me recently, "Another major release of Windows Server will follow Windows Server 2003; it is code named Blackcomb. We do not have a firm release date at this time, and Microsoft will determine a release timeframe based on what customers tell us they require."
    Longhorn InfoWhat's up with the name Longhorn?
    A: As I first revealed, the Longhorn name wasn't chosen randomly. Remember that Windows XP was code-named Whistler and the next version of Windows, at the time, was code-named Blackcomb. Both of these names come from ski areas in British Columbia, close to Microsoft's headquarters. At the foot of Whistler Mountain, there is a saloon named Longhorn that serves the local skiing population. So if you're ever in the area and want to take in some local color, Longhorn is a nice stop… after you're done with Whistler.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by TClite@11 April 2003 - 21:45
    longhorn
    no not at all is the the new windows the new windows is windows 2003 server comming out on 24april.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast