Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Linkin Park Breaking Up?

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad

Name a few, the only one that really comes to mind is Black Sabbath damn it I gotta get our more.

OH MY GOD, NO!! It's YOKO!!

Agreed. That was a sad seperation. Most people in my generation don't give the Beatles the proper respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses
    Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo
    If you were a musician yourself you would understand that all music is emotional. Music in itself is is mechanical, notes and tones, but to manipulate those notes and tones into a song that is in time, takes more than just mechanics, you have to feel the pace, feel the movement, and feel the timing. So I suppose I've now been branded Emo.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 04-26-2006 at 06:19 AM.

2. Music   -   #102
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor

OH MY GOD, NO!! It's YOKO!!

Agreed. That was a sad seperation. Most people in my generation don't give the Beatles the proper respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses
    Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo
    If you were a musician yourself you would understand that all music is emotional. Music in itself is is mechanical, notes and tones, but to manipulate those notes and tones into a song that is in time, takes more than just mechanics, you have to feel the pace, feel the movement, and feel the timing. So I suppose I've now been branded Emo.
    Lawl, overlooked that one.

As for the whole emotion thing, ya word for word right Damnatory. If music isnt' supposed to be emotional then why the hell do I still listen to it? Above all, if music isn't supposed to make you feel, and move you then life isn't worth living I'm sorry. To me music is one of the few things that gets me through life, and I depend on it from a daily basis. If that makes me Emo by your standards so be it (I will hate emos till the day I die, "their" music really pisses me off and their whole lifestyle ahh, just wanna kill em all).
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-26-2006 at 06:50 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #103
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    you've got me all confused with the emo association in all of this, so i'll just drop that since we all hate emo kids the same, i'm sure.
    Amen. I lied by the way, there is just one generalization I will make, all Emo's are fags. End of story.
    i dunno, i kinda think some emo girls are hawt.

we could dive into a whole legit discussion on the topic of 'emo' in itself. i think there's a line between poser emo and a legit state of emo.

4. Music   -   #104
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551

Amen. I lied by the way, there is just one generalization I will make, all Emo's are fags. End of story.
    i dunno, i kinda think some emo girls are hawt.

we could dive into a whole legit discussion on the topic of 'emo' in itself. i think there's a line between poser emo and a legit state of emo.
    You bastard, you think just like me lol

Ya, some emo chicks (ok obviously not the legit ones) are cute, not hot, just damn cute. Other than that they should either change their ways or die lol.

But ya, discussion or not, I think we can all agree that life without emos, both legit and poser, would be a whole lot better...except the chicks, they can still be emo for all i care, poser ones anyway.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Music   -   #105
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    But ya, discussion or not, I think we can all agree that life without emos, both legit and poser, would be a whole lot better...except the chicks, they can still be emo for all i care, poser ones anyway.
    I'm sure the whole Emo persona will be burned away within the next few years...

Personally, I believe the "metrosexual" life style Emos live, was an act of desperation to help ease the onslaught of homos of our generation into the mainstream morale.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 04-28-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011