Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: They Don't Share!

Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    lmao that Alt F4 thing was hilarious, why don't u just press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice???

that will solve ALL of your problems......lmfao

cheers :beerchug:

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@14 April 2003 - 17:23
    Just download 'Kazaa Kontrol', it'll kill'em for you. In Kazaa do a search for kazaaleech should be about 120Kb.
    Jeez, you can automate this foolishness?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@14 April 2003 - 11:23
    Just download 'Kazaa Kontrol', it'll kill'em for you. In Kazaa do a search for kazaaleech should be about 120Kb.
    That program does not work well, there has always been a flaw with the Kazaa listing of other peoples files, sometimes it takes more than once to see if they are sharing, this program simply kills them first shot. Also most non-sharers have begun to share a single file, this will of course cause the Leetch killer to leave them alone. Do not use this program in my opinion, it hurts more sharers than leetches.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    hmm, I just pressed ctrl alt delete 10 times

:-)

Win2k pro doesnt reboot u lol :-)

just that window shows up heh

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Meh, yet another post like this... they're never going to end

Anyway, first of all, let me say that many have good reasons for not sharing. Some of the reasons are:

1) Dialup connection, where sharing kills your connection and lets you do nothing, unless you restrict your UL in Kazaa to a pathetic speed, which is almost like not sharing anyway.
    2) They need to get a file immediately and have any sort of connection where upload hurts download speeds. Those people really share, they just stop for small whiles every so often.
    3) Small hard drive shared by many people - my friend has this and it really sucks. He usually doesn't have more than 50 megs free and the rest is all installed stuff... nothing to share, no space to do so.
    4) Privacy tool - simply blocks other from seeing the user's files, when the user is really sharing.
    5) Just formatted their computer or something like that - nothing to share yet.
    6) Don't know how to share - this happens mostly to computer n00bs and such who only got Kazaa by word of mouth or a recommendation without even knowing how to use it. Then they learned how to use it, but not how to share.

These are just 6 among many more reasons... so no need to get so pissed about the actual leechers out there who, unfortunately, make a very big part of the total users. The best way is just to ignore them - if a leecher downloads from you, no one's gonna get hurt. The only consequence is that a more decent user will not get your file.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by Acecool@14 April 2003 - 18:59
    Well it depends, sharing a file can cost a lot of money, sharing 70 + movies and have 1 lamer try to download them all and not share?

Why should I let him?

Hes not going to pass the movies onto somone else, he downloads them, burns them, deletes them, maybe watches them, i dunno

Lamers are well, lame.
    I know you hate LEECHES, I have heard yours and others statements before, but they are here as much as you or I. I think it's great that you probably have an external hd as I do. My drive is on and open to whoever whenever, again as I said before "to truly GIVE is to expect nothing in return". In this you can figure GIVE = SHARE. For those that don't share and do have large bandwidth (cable, dsl etc...), and a decent size hd, and that are only allowing 1 ul slot (true definition of a "lamer"), you are f**king assholes (there I said it). You should join in and STOP being a greedy slob, but I am willing to deal with your presence, because you will hopefully grow. By the way I have noticed these type of leeches in large numbers at winmx and is why I made the reference above.

In another post I wrote...

When this first came up, it brought up all the "feelings" about "LEECHES", well they will always exist. Some that I have talked to using p2p only pop in to get a file here and there and then they go. They could be considered "LEECHES" as well, and you could give them the boot as well and rag them in a message, possibly making their experience aggrivating enough so they stop using p2p and maybe never grow into a user with an external 100g hd thats on 24/7 as many of us are. It must be clear to truly give is not to expect anything in return, though we all take from here or we would not be here.

I am also curious how it cost alot of money?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Yeah, I hate leeching too, but its all part of the wonderful world of P2P.
    If your on a dial-up like I am, just restrict your uploads to 1. this will conserve your bandwidth.
    If your on cable, what the hell are you bitching about? I would kill to have cable or dsl!
    (some people are never happy) B)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by REALITY+14 April 2003 - 01:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 14 April 2003 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--oompie@11 April 2003 - 22:30
    is it posible to block uploads to people who doesn&#39;t share? maybe a program?
    I hate those people&#33;
    If you are truly wOOrried about this then...

1. Join the elite group at winmx (_INCOMPLETEMX_)
    2. Set your Q to 1
    3. Set up a retard auto responder "start me and I&#39;ll start you"
    4. Monitor your ul and cancel those who do not share
    5. Prepare to "suck" and "beg" for dl slots as you read no 3
    6. Oh, and get off kazaa (and your piss pot).

To truly Give is to expect nothing in return. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I notice alot of people there are greedy assholes&#33; But I still use WinMX for Mp3&#39;s, and kazaa for software, and games.
    I have found that you have much more selection of good bitrate Mp3 rips on WinMX, 192 and up.
    Maybe its just the music I&#39;m into.
    Don&#39;t get me wrong, I have found good music on kazaa, I just like WinMX for Mp3&#39;s.
    Also, you can get an anti-leech tool called: mxmonitor. It works great, you can kick people based on how many files they are sharing 0-10,000 B)

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by REALITY@14 April 2003 - 23:42
    ...For those that don&#39;t share and do have large bandwidth (cable, dsl etc...), and a decent size hd, and that are only allowing 1 ul slot (true definition of a "lamer"), you are f**king assholes (there I said it). You should join in and STOP being a greedy slob, but I am willing to deal with your presence, because you will hopefully grow...
    People also do run other P2P programs along with Kazaa. I usually have Kazaa, eMule, and Direct Connect (2 hubs) all running simultaneously. If I gave unlimited upload slots to absolutely everyone, I wouldn&#39;t be able to do much of anything else, and no one would be getting a decent speed.

I&#39;d rather have one slot giving 30kb/sec than five giving 0.05kb/sec.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    How do you know they are not sharing? they might be new users&#33;

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast