Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: They Don't Share!

Poster
    Originally posted by Rocktron+18 April 2003 - 10:05--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 18 April 2003 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@15 April 2003 - 18:21
    I have had a long hard day, I am in no mood to suffer fools. Now go away, you pathetic buffoon.

Is that clear enough for you.
    Yes it is JmiF&#33; Thanks for that..

This will be my last reply on anything you will ever say from now on... happy? I am&#33;

Doei&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Ecstatic you sanctimonious cretin.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Xanex@17 April 2003 - 14:12
    Is that browsing bug still around?

The one which if they share a lot of files means that k-lite of kmd crashes&#33;

Xan
    Yup looks like it is.

I think that privacy option as mentioned above is a good way to prevent this.

So i ask the question:

If you cant see if someone is sharing ask, are they shairing a lot of files? because if they are would i rather that i couldnt see that they have 6000+ files or TRY to see and it crash my k-lite?

by enabling the privacy option they arnt stopping people from dling from them, they just might want to keep ur program from crashing.

Its why i rarely ever bother to check wot files someone is sharing anymore, fed up of crashes.

The sooner this is fixed then we might think about taking off the provacy thing, tho the RIAA thing is another reason. You may get peer gaurdian but the ip address&#39; are not updated quick enough and one might just slip through
    Xan

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    You&#39;re absolutely right. It doesn&#39;t stop people sharing from me, they do all the time. It just stops me crashing their computer if they try to view.

They should be able to work it out. If they are downloading from me, and a view says no files shared then it should be obvious I have the patch switched on.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Yea but then you get the obligitory bastard who cant put 2 and 2 together.

So many people on this board are assholes anyway (not saying who, i have my opinions)

they seem to be all in your face about disliking leeches when infact they make me think that they are leeches themselfs, to qoute from another post of mine:

If a guy on a 14.4 is sharing god bless him, he&#39;s is trying even tho he has shitty stuff, but if he doesn&#39;t share i couldnt give a rats ass anyway cos its not like we are going to miss his contribution any way, best we&#39;d get off him is 1k and thats it.

I mean come on lets bash him around a bit shall we, he&#39;s putting so much strain on the network, he can download a mean 10 megs an hour wow speed daemons aint he&#33;&#33;&#33;
    the majority of people are 56kers, there are others who have super fast BB faster than mine, and since we are but a handful of people on this network then it more to assume that they are kmd users, so what are you going to do, bitch on the kmd forum, grow up.

there will always be leeches, people are infact leeches, if ur dling then u are leeching anyway regardless if ur sharing. to truly be the santimonius bastard that some are you would have to give more than you take, and let me ask how many do that. you cant ul the same ammount if ur dling at the same time, the connection is slower upstream.

I would if i had the money to spend on a bigger HDD, you people with ur external 100gig hdd&#39;s are seriously spoilt brats. im a uni student and i have £3800 to last me the year, thats rent food etc etc, not alot left of that after tuition fees and rent im glad if ive got enough money to go out on a friday nite. so thank yourselfs lucky that u do have a 100gig external hdd but dont blame others for having shitty comps or connex

Xanex

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Poster
    I have to admit to being a spoilt bastard.

On my own computer I use removable drives in caddies. There are 2 x 40 Gb drives. One for running the computer, programmes etc. The other is used just for file sharing. Theres about 6,500 files or around 32 Gb and rising. I prefer caddies to external drives as it means you can use normal hdds which are much cheaper and I can swap the very easily.

I do this thro an NTL Broadband connection which is attached to a router. The router is connected to my computer by wire. It is also connected to a wireless receiver so that the two computers upstairs can be connected using that system. It also allows my Good Lady to be connected via her laptop, so she can use it anywhere in the house, or garden. In theory up 1,000 feet from the receiver actually, but I haven&#39;t tested that.

However I have worked hard for around 25 years to to this position. So if I am spoilt then it is because I am spoiling myself. I really think that I deserve it.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Then my good man my quabble is not with you you have earned it. Its with those people who are just given these things I am gratefull for anything I recieve.

The problem lies with the innate human nature not to share anyway, and it seems to be ripe with thsoe spoilt rich kids.

After i get my degree there will be nothing stopping me from buying the most uber PC you&#39;ll ever see, but as you so rightly put I deserve it. So i would not say that you are a spoilt brat far from it, just a nice normal guy sharing his "wealth", all beit 6000+ files

Gratz to u

Xan

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Poster
    I do share what little wealth I have in other ways. It would be very tacky to discuss exactly how. I just feel that, even tho we have worked very hard to get where we are we are still quite lucky. We have had our share of set-backs but by working together we have got over them.

A lot of hard working people fall on misfortune thro no fault of their own. Who knows when the proverbial bus will hit you or one of yours. So we like to give a little back where we can.

Incidentally it&#39;s good to see the student nature hasn&#39;t changed too much in all these years. I mean that in a good way.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    just to let you know some of don&#39;t share because we can&#39;t figure out how.I am an example of that I have been trying to for weeks and I can&#39;t seem to get them to share. So you may wan&#39;t to keep that in mind.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    jetje's Avatar former star
    click the find media to share and follow the screens that come up... it can&#39;t be that hard...

Today had a check up day.. checked most of the uploaders... think over 80% didn&#39;t share...
    I cut them and the next non sharder came on line.. Ofcourse a nice pm and if they didnt reply or started sharing it was goodbye... checked over 100 people.....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    And everyone is wondering why Kazaa is that slow these days...

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    well you maynot think it is hard to get them to import you are wrong for some reason they won&#39;t no matter how hard I try to get them to import. I go through all tyhe screens

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast