Thread: Could you kill a man.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    As you said before...

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    It's like a whole different world
    Funnier than Dave Chappelle?

No wonder British humor doesn't really catch on here....jeez.

Someone puhleaze let me in on it. You guys are jiving around that you really thought that shit was funny.

I liked when JP posted Mr. Stabby (that was funny) but come on...you're kidding..right...I mean really, right..uh kidding?
    I really wasn't kidding, I don't like his brand of humour (and I'm not british btw). He just tries too hard, and a lot of it is about the colour of his skin.

Maybe I don't like him 'cos we don't really have that kind of system you do wrt ethnic groups, or maybe it's 'cos I only see the kind of person (and I don't mean people just of african descent, it's about the attitude too) he portrays, in american stuff, really, so it's not really real to me.

But I though Seinfeld was sort of funny, sometimes.

To each their own and all that.

Weeble rawks, I like it the way I like Monty Python, I like it 'cos it's surreal.

And that thing about diversity you said-
    Indulge me please.

What was so funny about the Elvis/Weebl doohicky?

Good explanation on the Dave Chappelle thingamagig.

It goes along with mine...the "Why is that...." or "Don't you hate it when...." type of joke.

If you have never experienced/been around such things then you won't think it funny (which goes along with With's cultural whatchamacallit)

On diversity,
    Dave Chappelle for instance, did a skit where he was a white supremacist..that was black but didn't know it.

We have comedy that can take our cultural differences and make it funny.

One time he had one, instead of the World Series Of Poker, he had the World Series Of Dice. It had commentators and everything but was set in a boiler room of a New York apartment projects. In the middle of the game, Charlie Murphy busts in and robs everyone.

Another classic.

What about the episode within an episode where they used the TV show Fear Factor and the crackhead Tyrone Biggums was a contestant........classic.

This stuff ain't a couple of chuckles and you think about how witty one of the jokes was. It's hurt yourself, slap yo momma, ROFLMAO!!!OMG!1!1!, catch your breath, laughter.

It's colorful.

So please...indulge me and explain the Weebl jahoogadoo.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-26-2005 at 12:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yes, that's very nice (well not really the way he does it, and pointing out differences as a comedic device was hardly something that was invented in the US, I think it's present everywhere in the world), but how in the world can you say that the US is more diverse than Europe

WRT the white supremacist thing, as it happens, this one writer, here in all places, wrote a story about a blind bloke hating black people and being a blind white supremacist, and being black himself, in the seventies. It's hardly an original concept (tho' I think his story was more serious than funny). I've got the book somewhere, read it when I was like eleven.

Weeble is funny in a monty python kind of way, 'cos it's absurd and surreal and slightly mental. I can't explain it beyond that if you don't get it.

Also, it takes a bit of thought, whereas that Chappelle stuff is, i dunno', crude.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-26-2005 at 12:42 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Yes, that's very nice (well not really the way he does it, and pointing out differences as a comedic device was hardly something that was invented in the US, I think it's present everywhere in the world), but how in the world can you say that the US is more diverse than Europe

WRT the white supremacist thing, as it happens, this one writer, here in all places, wrote a story about a blind bloke hating black people and being a blind white supremacist, and being black himself, in the seventies. It's hardly an original concept (tho' I think his story was more serious than funny). I've got the book somewhere, read it when I was like eleven.

Weeble is funny in a monty python kind of way, 'cos it's absurd and surreal and slightly mental. I can't explain it beyond that if you don't get it.

Also, it takes a bit of thought, whereas that Chappelle stuff is, i dunno', crude.
    No I wanted to actually explain the Weebl skit. Usually folks don't want to explain a joke 'cause it takes away from it. I don't care help me out. Really.
    Keep in mind I like Monty Python..but this ain't the same to me. I loved the Life Of Brian movie.

Regarding Europe, read post 33. You musta skipped it.

Regarding Dave Chappelle's skit...when looking at comedy we don't get all into whether the story was heard before. In this case we looked at the execution ffs. I mean shit, now I've watched the skit probably at least 7 times and still think it's funny.

Wtf is this "it takes a bit of thought"?

If that's the case, it's explainable.

I'd understand if it was a rocket science joke but usually when folks say that it just means they are insulting the intelligence of another for not liking their humor.

I've seen comedians on amateur night get up and do jokes where no one laughed and on occasion, some of them insulted the audience for "not laughing"....never once thinking that 'cause friends and mom thought it funny that maybe everyone else thought it rather **coughcough** drryyy.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-26-2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #44
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think SnnY was saying that whether you find it funny is simply a state of mind, not that there's anything to explain. He wasn't being insulting as far as I could see.

The "it takes a bit of thought" was in comparison to Chappelle's stuff, so if anything he was perhaps being insulting about Chappelle.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    I think SnnY was saying that whether you find it funny is simply a state of mind, not that there's anything to explain. He wasn't being insulting as far as I could see.

The "it takes a bit of thought" was in comparison to Chappelle's stuff, so if anything he was perhaps being insulting about Chappelle.
    But, I really want it explained.

Surely someone can explain a joke.

I know what you're saying. It's almost like " making love " versus " let loose fucking ".

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Yes, that's very nice (well not really the way he does it, and pointing out differences as a comedic device was hardly something that was invented in the US, I think it's present everywhere in the world),
    I kinda missed this one.

WTH said it was invented here? (comedic device? : verydry : )

I'm referring to jokes over here, smart fella.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-26-2005 at 02:01 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #47
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Plus I'm talking about television. I know Koreans, Japanese, Jews, etc migrate there and are born there. I wouldn't surprised if the UK has a Chinatown.
    sort of, we call it "Birmingham"
    Get your quotes right...busy said that not me

Edit: busy already pointed it out
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-26-2005 at 04:00 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

sort of, we call it "Birmingham"
    Get your quotes right...busy said that not me

9. Lounge   -   #49
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Weirdly - well, weird in the black and white context of this thread - I don't like Weebl nor Dave Chappelle. However, I do like Monty Python.

Obviously, I'm much more discerning than you folk
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Weirdly - well, weird in the black and white context of this thread - I don't like Weebl nor Dave Chappelle. However, I do like Monty Python.

Obviously, I'm much more discerning than you folk
    I can really see how you don't like Weebl. I looked at the Weebl and Bob website and it seems like something that is shown before breaking to commercial or advertising a TV channel.

There are fans somewhere though if they have a season 1 DVD set.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast