Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the Baby

The little baby which has quietly been growing over the last 9 months in my beloveds womb is expected as of now...
    She is sleeping and sleeps alot to get energy beforel the world changes. We make as much quality time as we can and with friends before it happens.

For those of you who have been through this - did you also have this "waiting" time?

This silent moment where you don't know what is going to happen, when it will but all you know is its going to seriously (..painfull) intense?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yes enjoy while you can , bcause it all changes so quickly . Most of it is good tho, try and take sometime off work when baby arrives to give her a hand . I envy you its a great time boy or girl , names picked out yet ?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    name for girl is easy
    Sienna
    if its a boy the list is long.. and heavily debated
    the problem with boys names is that you have met too many guys you don't want him to be related to if you know what i mean - international applicable is of interest.

j2k4- she's the one that grinds her teeth at night - i have learnt to swallow /compromise - you mean there is more....

merci for conciousness

this silence before the .. is very very....absurd - normally in work life this build up to the climax opening night/exams/controls etc they generally deflate to nothing - in this case it is the reverse - more a quiet solid premunition and when the water breaks i feel it will explode and geometrically enhance in intensity from then on.

she sleeps

Last edited by 99%; 07-26-2005 at 12:53 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    All of ours came before the expected date and all within a week of that date so I haven't had that "looking at my watch" experience.
    They say sex is a good way to induce labour, so if you can't wait get romantic

It may be a while before you can be romantic again without interruption so don't waste the opportunity to be alone with your love. Make her realise how much you love her even if you don't "get jiggy with it"

If you are going to be present during the birth ask for a local anaesthetic for your hand....trust me she will try to break it and there it serves no purpose for you both to be in pain

You may be concerned when the baby comes out that your woman has produced a Californian raisin...don't worry this is just a quick transition

I wish you luck and joy in what is going to be the most wonderful life changing thing to enter your world. And in a few years as you stand in the rubble that used to be your house you will smile and know it is worth it

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    vidcc bellisimo text
    ask for a local anaesthetic for your hand

- it gives me hope

And in a few years as you stand in the rubble that used to be your house you will smile and know it is worth it
    fabulously tragic

weird when you meet the "earth mothers" or women who will help bringing the child to the word - before the birth - they treat you in a way which is quit so..not..so important...type of ..side thing...as a man you have little or no function other than support, in books advice for men is 2 pages whereas for the mother it is 10000.

who are we men in such a sutiuation

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    vidcc bellisimo text

- it gives me hope

And in a few years as you stand in the rubble that used to be your house you will smile and know it is worth it
    fabulously tragic

weird when you meet the "earth mothers" or women who will help bringing the child to the word - before the birth - they treat you in a way which is quit so..not..so important...type of ..side thing...as a man you have little or no function other than support, in books advice for men is 2 pages whereas for the mother it is 10000.

who are we men in such a sutiuation
    It is an odd feeling,when you realize the small role
    you play in the conception and the birth of your child.
    It's odder yet,when you realize how gigantic your role
    can be (completley up to you) after the fact.
    The hour drawls near Z...smile.

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 07-26-2005 at 01:51 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    As has been said enjoy these quiet moments,it is the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed,the emotions that run through you when they give you that little bundle to hold is fucking amazing,I felt like the whole world had shifted when I held mine,good luck to you,your spouse and little one

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    To all of you who have replied so eloquently,

I say thankyou.

you give hope
    Last edited by sArA; 07-26-2005 at 11:30 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    You're about to travel to another dimension.
    A dimension where time cannot be saved,
    Where sleep seems a distant memory.
    Where night is day and day is night.
    But, where smiles and laughter are contagious.
    It contains the depth of our fears and the height of our passion.
    That's the crib post up ahead -
    Your next stop, the Newborn Zone.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Good luck dude, hope all goes well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast