Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst weather you've experienced

9 months of winter every bloody year

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was a bit chilly around Xmas this year when the boiler went. It took almost 2 days for the plumber bloke to pop around and fix it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yesterday when i took the dog for a walk, i was wearing two shirts when it was coat weather, completely miss called it

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    living london, i have adjusted to the bad weather

power cuts are irritating though
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #15
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Summer 1989.

I was out on an excursion to the beach with my local youth centre.
    We had been swimming, then took a walk onto the jetty.

As soon as we got to the end of the jetty, a low pressure air cell out to sea got caught between 2 high pressure cells. The cold air got pushed down between the two high pressure cells and hit the glass smooth ocean. It looked like a mushroom cloud from a nuke, but upside down.

The resulting "shockwave" of cold air hit the water and radiated out in all directions, kept down on the sea's surface and intensified as it spread across the cooler water.

We could see it approaching but had no clue what the effect would be when it hit us - which it did and fast.

Instant hurricane. It was like being trapped inside a sand blaster and we were only wearing shorts.

We ended up running back down the jetty while glass beer bottles that had been abandoned by the local anglers blew about and smashed around us. By the time I made it to the shelter of the fish and chip shop at the foot of the jetty my feet were ripped to shreds by the flying glass.

Across the promonade from the beach, roofs were getting blown off buildings and a big neon sign had smashed through the picture window of the pub. Burglar alarms were going off everywhere.

Then as suddenly as it started, it was over.

It went from perfect sunny day to total carnage then back to glorious - all in 2 minutes flat.

The news reports that night called it freak weather conditions. I called it bloody terrifying.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I was a bit chilly around Xmas this year when the boiler went. It took almost 2 days for the plumber bloke to pop around and fix it.
    That's why I keep my boiler firmly attached to the wall. NO chance of it ever going anywhere for Christmas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12