Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Micro$oft at it again

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by exo_body
    just wondering, personally i have a legit copy of xp home (we got it when we bought our computer 2 years ago) but i wanna install xp pro corp edition soon, will the serial that came with my computer work on xp pro corp?

No I don't think so , why would it . If you have a copy of pro it will have a s/n . Can you validate that copy only one way to try. But I would follow Andrew's advice and use his trick after you clean install.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    ya anyway, their little idea didnt work too well.
    Last edited by slim150; 07-29-2005 at 01:03 AM.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150
    ya anyway, their little idea didnt work too well.

Well.............. screwed me up enought tho , I can't enable auto updates not that I liked it anyway but still pisses me off . I'v installed on over 20 computers with different s/n # tho but still the phone is going to ring off the wall. Glad I'm leaving for holidays on Sunday. But still bothers me that my friends and uncle Bobs neighbour's are being inconvinienced. Wish I could find a way to charge them or something but that would be against my filesharing religion .

Hey in hindsight most were pretty computer illiturate so I'm sure I enabled auto updates. Boy I are so smart !
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2005 at 01:58 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by exo_body
    just wondering, personally i have a legit copy of xp home (we got it when we bought our computer 2 years ago) but i wanna install xp pro corp edition soon, will the serial that came with my computer work on xp pro corp?

No I don't think so , why would it . If you have a copy of pro it will have a s/n . Can you validate that copy only one way to try. But I would follow Andrew's advice and use his trick after you clean install.
    Too bad that trick wont work for future microsoft software, like IE7.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco

Good point Ross but I'll stay with Ffox for now ,I'm looking to upgrade my hardeware sometime soon tho and when I do I'll give my white box computer store a valid key , he'll install the o/s with his volume license key and I'm good to go . By that time it will be Vista tho probably who knows ?

I'm not trying to be snotty but will cross that bridge when I get to it. I would rather buy a new computer than pay Microsoft money for a O/S . I'll make sure I get it with my new computer some how.
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2005 at 02:38 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

Good point Ross but I'll stay with Ffox for now ,I'm looking to upgrade my hardeware sometime soon tho and when I do I'll give my white box computer store a valid key , he'll install the o/s with his volume license key and I'm good to go . By that time it will be Vista tho probably who knows ?

I'm not trying to be snotty but will cross that bridge when I get to it. I would rather buy a new computer than pay Microsoft money for a O/S . I'll make sure I get it with my new computer some how.
    Then you have to give me that key too!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    @rossco no problem friend...................... and you 'll give to two friends and so on and so on . Hey no wonder the bloody key gen.s don't work . Just teasing, you'll be the first to get it buddie.

Oh wait A minuet and snny ,zapjb,vb,andrew,99% ,withcheese,manker,ike. ! You get my point. and all the great people I missed .Oops sorry Izagaia,hippychick ............ you get my drift . I like you all ,so "NO " bugger off I don't share .

Yes I'm goofy tonite and have had a few but what the heck .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2005 at 03:18 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    @rossco no problem friend...................... and you 'll give to two friends and so on and so on . Hey no wonder the bloody key gen.s don't work . Just teasing, you'll be the first to get it buddie.

Oh wait A minuet and snny ,zapjb,vb,andrew,99% ,withcheese,manker,ike. ! You get my point. and all the great people I missed .Oops sorry Izagaia,hippychick ............ you get my drift . I like you all ,so "NO " bugger off I don't share .

So am i getting one.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49

So am i getting one.

Are you kidding I'll be the one begging in a PM for it . Thats why your a great mod pal, love your sence of humour . The others while trying will never match your sence of wonder at finding a beta that actualy works or a crack than one can share. Don't ever change . I'm sorry could have sent in a pm but .........

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

Peat moss getting all mushy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast