Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching Downloaded Movies On My Tv

Poster
    Hi I always wantet to connect my computer to my tv and then watch movies on it without spending time converting and burning cds. I have heard you get a videocard with a tv out cable. But how long is the cable? And does anyone know where i can get one in the uk. Also if anyone does use this method can you tell me what quality is like and what kind of cable your tv needs to have a plug for. is it SCArt lead?
    Help much appreciated

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ok here in the US video cards with tv out are as simple as your basic
    rca plugs (same type that all stereo equipment uses). its not very hard at all
    and the quality of the video is very close if not the same as your computer
    monitor. go to your nearest store that sells computers and talk to there people.
    its very easy to do once you have the video card. and most video cards you buy
    these days have tv-outs.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks "sred2003". i appreciate ur reply. Hopefully i should find one. U said the quality is not as good as computer sometimes. Are there data transfer lags involved? Also if u use one, did u hv any problem installing the video card. Do you need to open up ur computer? or can u plug it in the back?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    no the video quality is fine. basically what it does is turn your TV into
    your monitor. monitors have a much higher resolution than televisions
    so when you do it your windows desktop will look somewhat blurry.
    but when you play your movies it is clear like normal because the movies are actually made to be viewed on televisions. video cards need to be
    installed inside your computer. its actually an easy process if you
    know where it goes. then you install the drivers for the card and
    you are ready to go

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You'll have to open your computer if you're going to install a new video card with TV out, but the TV connector will be next to the monitor connector. It is unrealistic to run cable more than ten feet; in fact, finding one longer than ten feet will be a challenge, especially a S-Video cable. Also, you'll need a seperate cable for the audio! Most newer video cards will have TV out connector(s) in S-Video. Some may have Composite (RCA jack) or both. You should first check what's in the back of your TV before you buy a card. If you keep your computer in a bedroom/office and want to watch TV in the Living room, you may need to buy a wireless transmitter because the long cable option is unrealistic. Just find out what type of video card you PC will accept: AGP 2x, 4x, 8x, PCI??? Find out what connector your TV has. Find an online store or video card maker and browse their offerings and specs. Goodluck!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@12 April 2003 - 08:53
    If you keep your computer in a bedroom/office and want to watch TV in the Living room, you may need to buy a wireless transmitter because the long cable option is unrealistic.
    I have a G-Force 3 Ti200 and it dosent have TV Out (well im pretty sure it dosent)

So where can I find a wireless transmitter

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    it is not unrealistic to run the cables for both sound and video further than 10ft..i have 20mtr cables for both video and audio running to one tv in the lounge and another lot of cables 5mtr long going to the tv in the same room as the pc ...both tvs have the same quality for both sound and audio over the 2 differnet length cables...all you have to understand is it looks untidy to have the cables running thru the house and the best idea is to run them thru the roof or under the house away from any electrical source as that may bring interference...ok wireless is neat but under some instances you will find outside interference problems..take note before anyone complains i did say SOME.....

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Thanks for the tips randm

but where can I find wireless

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    wireless tv out?. im pretty sure that if your video card doesnt support tv-out then you need a card that does. no wireless device is going to make your
    card send a signal to the tv.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by DWC@13 April 2003 - 07:44
    Thanks for the tips randm

but where can I find wireless
    Just search google for "PC-to-TV" or "wireless PC-to-TV"
    A friend of mine spent $150 for his with s-video. It's probably cheaper without it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast