Thread: Yellow Exclamation Mark In Device Manager - Mouse

Poster

Hello

I have installed a USB Mini Scroller mouse with a wheel. It works fine on USB port and no problem. But, I get a yellow exclamation mark in one of the two entries under Mouse in the Device Manager.

These two entries are : HID-compliant mouse. I believe this is the USB connection and there is no yellow mark and no problems; the other entry is WHEEL MOUSE PS/2 MOUSE with the yellow exclamation mark. There is no mouse device connected to PS/2 port. When I remove the WHEEL MOUSE from the Device Manager it reinstalls itself when the PC is rebooted. So there is always a yellow exclamation mark against WHEEL MOUSE PS/2.

How do I resolve this issue so the WHEEL MOUSE PS/2 is no longer listed in the Device Manager. Please help. Thank you.

Regards
    hdoshi

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Why don't you go ahead and tell us what the problem is? If there is a yellow exclamation mark, that means the device is not working properly. Right click on the mouse, and click on properties. And tell us what the problem is under Device Status.

That might help us solve your problem, and make it easy.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Hello KrackHead

I right click on Mouse > Properties > the message under Device status reads " This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers intalled. ( Code 24. )

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device. "

In fact, I did install the PS/2 software which came on a floppy with the Mouse. I still get the yellow exclamation mark. I think I need to remove the WHEEL MOUSE PS/2 MOUSE from the Windows. Any help ? Thank you.

Regards
    hdoshi

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, uninstall the mouse. If you installed a software package for the mouse then should be in there.