Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Soccer/Football Player(s)

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I'd start off by saying my favourites are: Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole. Best striker partnership in the 90's(my opinion). They both played for Man U until Yorke went to Blackburn and Cole somewhere else

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Robben - great pace, skills and can finish. Also has the nack of being able to keep the ball stuck to his feet no matter what defender challenges him.

Aimar - a very good technical midfielder. Again, very skill full.

Robinho - people said he was going to be the next Pele, which is a big weight to have on your shoulders, but he is certainly going to be one of the greatest footballers ever in the years to come.

Best striking partnership in the last 5 years has got to be Kezman/Drogba

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Robinho - people said he was going to be the next Pele, which is a big weight to have on your shoulders, but he is certainly going to be one of the greatest footballers ever in the years to come.
    I was reading about him, tons of publicity this players getting. http://news.google.ca/news?q=robinho...ab=nn&oi=newsr

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Yeah, he was great in the recent Confederations Cup, scoring 3 times in 5 games (2 of them against Germany & Argentina).

He has a minimun release fee of something like £27 million (meaning if Real bid that his team have to accept the bid) and about £6 million of that £27 million Robinho would be entitled to, because Robinho wants to move to Real Madrid so badly he said he would decide not to get his £6 million so Real Madrid would only have to pay £21 million. Turns out Fifa didn't like this and are investigating the situation and such.

In 2-3 years to come i can easly see him as world player of th eyear and have lead Brazil to a great world cup.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Dennis Bergkamp has always been my favourite player, he's just a plain genius and will pick out the perfect pass 9 out of 10 times

Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney always make me laugh with their sheer audacity, they'll do stuff that no one else would even bother trying
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney always make me laugh with their sheer audacity, they'll do stuff that no one else would even bother trying
    I agree with you w.r.t. Thierry Henry...

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    In 2-3 years to come i can easly see him as world player of th eyear and have lead Brazil to a great world cup.
    Same, that's what my dad said. He said a player with that much skill will be on top of the world. I just hope Brazil doesn't win. In 2002 I was a huge fan, then everybody started following Brazil (Band Wagon jumpers) and now I'm gonna go back to France.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    Same, that's what my dad said. He said a player with that much skill will be on top of the world. I just hope Brazil doesn't win. In 2002 I was a huge fan, then everybody started following Brazil (Band Wagon jumpers) and now I'm gonna go back to France.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Does it have to be an active player ? My fav was always Johan Cruyff but modern player would be Nistelrooy, I'm not even dutch tho I'm Scottish Canadian .

Whats your guys take on Freddie Abu ? Young I know but great flair.
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2005 at 04:02 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Whats your guys take on Freddie Abu ? Young I know but great flair.
    He plays in MLS . I saw him play one game, I think it was against Chicago, he was doing well. Does he play for US National Team yet? Do you think he can make EPL?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast