Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dell with a capital H

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Fucking Dell puters suck in a big way, not only do they suck but they blow at the same time

I'm trying to fix a friends, and it simply will NOT boot from disc, nor can I get into bios to set the boot sequence.
    I've even phoned Dell and she just told me everything I've already done.

Theoretically I could take the drive out and boot it, which gives me the option to get to bios.........but........being a piece of shit Dell it only has usb ports (ie keyboard) so without an os the keyboard does'nt work.
    I can't even take the drive out an whack it in my puter so I can format it because Dell use some weird shit plugs/sockets on their drives.

Omg I wish it was mine cos I'd drive over it with a stolen steam roller fucks sake!!!!!

Any ideas?

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 07-28-2005 at 02:01 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    -replace guy with dell
    Last edited by |F1|; 07-28-2005 at 02:07 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I have a Dell PC in the house. Cheap as chips and not had any problems with it.

It also has normal ports as well as usbs for the keyboard and mouse.

The only thing I'll say about the Dell is that it's really difficult to upgrade, simply fitting another HD or optical drive is teh hard because of lack of space in the case and the awkward way everything fits together.

Duno what you're going to do about your mate's PC if you can't get a keyboard to work
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i've had a usb keyboard for this and my last motherboard. it's worked fine in the bios for both, even without windows installed whatever difference that makes

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yeah I know not all Dell's are bad, just the several I've come up against, Dimensions.

I'm thinking of formatting the drive using the right click and format in "My Computer"
    But not sure how that will work because I still have the problem that it wont boot from disc.
    Like I said, I got the option to go into bios but because no normal ports for keyboard and no os, meaning no drivers for usb I can't just hit the 1 lil button to take me into bios, have you ANY idea how annoying that is.

As for upgrades, well yeah thats a joke, upgrade this one if I bluetack the new drive to the case

Thing is, it's not a bad spec puter, 3ghz p4, 1gb ram, 160gb hd, 128m graphics......but the Dell mobo needs cutting up into tiny little pieces and melting, then moulding into the shape of Bin Ladens face then smashed repeatedly with a baseball bat.

I just don't know *shrugs*

The problem being it wont boot, blue screens, the only way to boot it in in either diagnostics or safe mode.
    Neither of which are really any good to me.

I can reinstall xp over the os in there but I can't see that making any difference, 7 accounts, 5 of which are kids and this puter is so full of shit, including god knows how many crap dell progs which it wont let you uninstall.
    It only recognises the cd drive when it wants to aswell, so it's pretty fucked, needs a format and fresh start.........but it wont even let me do that!!!!!

Are Dell trying to take over the world? cos their puters are gonna send everyone mad

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i've had a usb keyboard for this and my last motherboard. it's worked fine in the bios for both, even without windows installed whatever difference that makes
    Hmmmm, yeah well it does on mine (msi board), but not on teh Dell, keyboard works in boot menu, but not when you dissconnect the hd.

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #7
    You haven't gone to computer hell till you've tried to fix a Tiny PC

/shudders at the memory

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Done that, at least you could get into bios and format the sucker

I think I done it, tricked it

Jonno

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I have had 4 Dell computers and not one problem.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Dell made the financial choice to compete in the budget market and I suspect that anyone that has had a problem with a Dell computer (where it was the computers fault and not the operator) has one of the budget machines.

I have always gone on the theory that you get what you pay for when it comes to computers although that doesn't stand as strong today as it used to.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast