Thread: Vista Problems

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Just wondering if anyone has installed Vista. I have and am experanicing some problems. I cant get alot of programs to run, such as AIM and MSN Messanger. Also I am not sure what to do about my display drive, since its only for Windows XP and below.
    Last edited by asmithz; 07-30-2005 at 01:36 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    as i told u, u must wait some time untill a new windows becomes more campitiabe with apps, just like windows xp, lots of apps didnt work with it untill compinies made it work with xp.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You'll have to wait for those things to be released for vista.

You could try trillian or some other msn/aim alternatives to see if they work tho.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm not useing it but this sounds familar ? It's a beta tho so get used to it or wait for the final like the rest of us . There was a thread abou it here about the same problem .....darn if I can find it tho . Something about network connections .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I'm not useing it but this sounds familar ? It's a beta tho so get used to it or wait for the final like the rest of us . There was a thread abou it here about the same problem .....darn if I can find it tho . Something about network connections .
    Yea i don't know where that topic went eaither. I was the one that made the comment. My network drivers wernt working. I found out that you have to run the program thats on the desktop, forget what it was. It installs drivers that are on the cd. Plus the burn i did was corrupt, so i had to redo it. That problem is fixed now, i made this thread in Vista :-p

You could try trillian or some other msn/aim alternatives to see if they work tho.
    Good Idea, I didnt even think about that. I did use AIM express, but that was gay.

as i told u, u must wait some time untill a new windows becomes more campitiabe with apps, just like windows xp, lots of apps didnt work with it untill compinies made it work with xp.
    I know i have to wait for a more stable version, but it dosent hurt to disscuss problems, and see how to work around them.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Newest build of MSN Messenger 7.5 or whatever works with Vista. ATI and Nvidia both have beta drivers out for LDDM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilo
    Newest build of MSN Messenger 7.5 or whatever works with Vista. ATI and Nvidia both have beta drivers out for LDDM.
    Yea i tired 7.5 but it freezes when it signs on, and wheres these drivers?

EDIT: He He Found the drivers :-p
    Last edited by asmithz; 07-30-2005 at 04:23 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm interested in trying out Windows Vista Beta - just curious, was this the 32-bit or 64-bit version you tried out?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Ive been having no problems with vista

oh wait, it bluescreens with ram errors on every boot -_- Oh well. I guess its OK since Im in the beta program

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfesq
    I'm interested in trying out Windows Vista Beta - just curious, was this the 32-bit or 64-bit version you tried out?
    32-Bit