Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert DVD Interlaced to DVD non interlaced ??????

Josh's Avatar QX9650 @ 4.02Ghz
    Hello,
    i have a film from the internet that was a DVD-5 now how to i convert it from an interlaced dvd to a non interlaced i cant seem to find a way of doing this is it at all possible.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If you're going to be playing it on standalone dvd player and TV, then it needs to stay interlaced.

can't think of any reason why a non-interlaced DVD would be wanted.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i didnt ask that tho i forgot to put that in my post, dont ask why or the reasons i would like to know how the process is done. My main reason is that a playstation 2 does not seem to play interaced discs very well the dvd is fine on normal players but on a ps2 it sucks and just freezes on first frame

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    There is no way to convert from interlaced to de-interlaced without re-encoding. If you want to keep the dvd format, I suggest using dvd decrypter to copy to your hard drive, then re-encode using dvdshrink if you are a total noob, or dvd2dvd with the CCE SP 2.50 encoder if you have ripped dvds before.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    dont call me a noob i was only askin matey

i will just re-encode the film

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstyle_rave
    dont call me a noob i was only askin matey

i will just re-encode the film
    Dude! I'm not calling you a noob, but I am calling DVDShrink a noob app. If you can use a better method for transcoding, I'm all for it. If you hadn't had the pleasure before, DVDShrink would still work and its about as easy as it gets. A wee bit sensitive are we?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sensitive am i yes well i have dvd shrink so that will do i suppose do i just load it and re-author it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Sorry to say this but, after checking a few sites on this, I learned that DVDShrink will not automatically deinterlace. Therefore, you will need to use an app that gives you this option. I recommend dvd2dvd using the CCE SP 2.50 encoder. Dvd2dvd is a free app, CCE is not, but it is widely available, and I can help you out with this via PM. For a completely free solution, you can also try dvdrebuilder and Qenc. Both of these solutions will give you deinterlace options and many other options to enhance your dvd rip.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Well im ok on getting hold of software for free so what do i need can u put it in order for me

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Go Here: h**p://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast